3DCoat Forums

Paint Room question

MetalDevil

Ok, so I somehow made it to the paint room for the weapon I was trying to create in 3D coat. So it looks like the only paintable object is going to be the low resolution object? Because after everything, it doesn't look very good. I thought I baked it as good as I thought it could look, but still came out undesirable, for the most part. I thought I was going to be able to paint on the high resolution object, but didn't get that result I was expecting. The spikes on the Zweihander blade don't look great. I have to hide the original object in order to paint on the low res one it made. When I go to Render, it will only render the original object. (The one that looks good)

zwei.PNG

render.PNG

Edited by MetalDevil

• Reputable Contributor

Also make sure that the sculpt room object is hidden in the paintroom. It appears there by default for vertex painting. 

Paint Room-----View Menu---Show Voxels in PaintRoom. Deselect the check box.

If you can share the 3DC file for others to look at and to see if we can improve your bake or send me a pm with a link where I can download the file.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Yes, that is correct as you are only hiding the sculpt room object in the Paint Room. If you do not want the sculpt room object to appear in the render, hide it in the sculpt room which will effectively hide it in the paint room as well.  This way no their is need to hide it in the paint room as I show you.

• 2 weeks later...