3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Stuck points while retopo

• Advanced Member

Hi. What happened to retopo in the latest builds? I now have to move my retopo work to other software...the one of the many areas where 3d-Coat was king. For the last couple of builds, points get stuck and makes it unbearable to do any form of retopo work.
I don't mind moving all my retopo work elsewhere, but I always enjoyed it in 3d-Coat. We have multiple licenses at our office and we tested on different workstations with the same problem. Anyone else have these issues?

retopo_p_stuck.gif

Edited by Werner_Z

• Reputable Contributor

Since you can run more than one version of 3DC, do you have a version of 3DC that does not have the problem. You could use that version till the problem is looked at by the development team.

Are you using The standard version of 3DC or the Sculpt layers version?

Being a critical aspect of your professional workflow, I suggest under the Help menu in the 3DC  to send the file directly to the development team explaining the problem.  Of course if it is under a NDA agreement that might not be possible.

• Advanced Member

I'm using the DX version, but will see if the GL version does the same. 
We tested on multiple pc's but not with GL.  I will let you know.

For now I'm using Houdini for retopo, which gives me time to submit feature requests to Sidefx.

• Advanced Member

I tested on the GL verion of 3d-Coat 4.8.42-SL

It had it's own set of problems. The Points/Faces option made it impossible to create quads. Holding Ctrl + Shift while doing this worked better, but I can't work like this.
No points got stuck during this test, so that might tell you something.
Unfortunately I can't share the file, but I can reproduce this in any scene...even with a sphere.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Stuck points while retopo