3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

• Reputable Contributor
14 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

The SMOOTH (SHIFT key) feature of the BRUSH tool in the Retopo Room is stuck on 100%, Andrew.

It does not seem stuck for me, but then again, I can't really see a difference in strength whether I set it to 0% or 100% it seems to act the same, is that what you mean ? image.png.6a0f77144d2a74c21e92cbe9ed4a9287.png

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, lesaint said:

It does not seem stuck for me, but then again, I can't really see a difference in strength whether I set it to 0% or 100% it seems to act the same, is that what you mean ? image.png.6a0f77144d2a74c21e92cbe9ed4a9287.png

Yes. Same amount of smoothing no matter if the smoothing amount is reduced way down. Someone else mentioned this. I tested and confirmed it.

Version 49.3 Works like a Charm.  400 Million+ Voxels on a GTX 1080 at its max :) and no Crashes Yet.

This is rather Impressive, thank you and Congratulations This is a Good Update keep it up.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hey guys, just a quick question - something has changed with hdri maps? I have a collection of hdr files that I've been using for long time, but now every new map is black and white.

After converting to exr everything works fine, but it's pain in the ass to convert whole collection.

By the way, 3dconnextion navigation isn't smooth, especially in some distance from model.

Edited by Mihu83

Since I upgraded to 4.9.01 it keeps telling me "Warning Your serial number is used on another PC You should exit immediately" I uninstalled the license from the last version I was using...
It lets me work without any issue, saving works too, but having that on screen constantly is a bit annoying.

Is it a bug, or did I do something wrong?

• Reputable Contributor

Here is a video showing a problem I am having with the sphere tool.
It started I think one of the last releases of 4.8
This here is with 4.9.04 GL (also happens with DX)

So, the tool seems to be confused as to where to pick at the start of each stroke. It will start at a random location away from the brush, and either draw a single dot there in mid air, or draw a straight line from that point to where the brush actually is.
Also, with camera set to rotate on last pick point, you can see later in the video that the brush pointer starts going crazy. This often results in the view spinning around and going miles off.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:47 PM, Carlosan said:

Have you installed same lic at work or on another comp ?

Contact sales@3dcoat.com to ask about this issue.

Not at work, only in my desktop computer, but that computer hasn't been plugged in since... 2016 I think (And I believe I uninstalled the license anyways before moving to my current laptop).
I'll contact you guys on sales@3dcoat.com anyways, thanks Carlosan! :)

- Fixed UDIM import crash when option "Import tiles as UV sets" turned ON.
- Fixed problem of loading obj files that contains objects/materials with spaces. Baking with names correspondence supports names with spaces as well.
- Random crash in retopo fixed (was happening sometimes after faces deleting)

• Like 5

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

That issue was fixed on version 4.9.05. Please try it

edges.jpg

I have downloaded the newest 4.9.05 but it faced the same issue. The face selection, after deletion of that face, would automatically be changed to edge selection. I cant find any settings to turn this off.

• Reputable Contributor
8 hours ago, pickers said:

I have downloaded the newest 4.9.05 but it faced the same issue. The face selection, after deletion of that face, would automatically be changed to edge selection. I cant find any settings to turn this off.

I think is another example of someone making a feature request....that only annoys someone else. :D

It was probably suggested to speed up someone's workflow, but never considering it might not be how others want to work. So, it might save them a click after deleting some faces, but it makes other users have to hit ESC, unnecessarily.

• Advanced Member

Probably I've found a bug.

v4.9.05 DX and GL (also v4.8.38). Windows 7. Tested on two computers, so...

1) In Retopo room with the Strokes tool active (let's say after Autopo)

2) zoom in to your retopo mesh (this is important too!  let's say with Shift+A or with Alt + <mouse>  ) so the retopo mesh occupies a significant part of the viewport.

3) activate Transform and move your retopo mesh somehow

4) Ctr+Z - doesn't work (actually i noticed that 3d-coat kinda "counts" vertices of retopo mesh, so i started to hit Ctrl+Z many times - like ALOT, then suddenly it can undo Transform, but after A LOT of Ctrl+z)

If the Strokes tool is not active, looks like there is no undo Transform bug.

If you zoom out of the retopo mesh, so it's occupies a small part of viewport, looks like there is no undo Transform bug, even if the Strokes tool is active (or at least that bug is very rare, i don't know all of reasons of that bug).

UPD: tried in v4.7.24 -  it doesn't have this bug.

Edited by druh0o