3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

• Advanced Member

hello Skye.  hello AbnRander.

reply thank you ! 

I will wait next version.

5.03.20 4.9.27 [beta]

- "Bend volume" tool to bend objects in scene along the curve.

- Eraser/Slice tool in new curves (polished)

- Compatibility with Quixel materials. If you download Quixel material into "Downloads" 3D-Coat will automatically notify you that new material downloaded and offers you to install it as material or shader.

- The same happens if you download smart materials pack from the 3D-Coat materials store.

- Correct symmetry support for all retopo/select commands. Split selected edges supports SHIFT snapping.

- Fixed free-form primitives UI in retopo room.

- AUTOPO from main menu fixed

- CopyClay restored

- Restored pinning menu items.

- SpaceNavigator lags (probably) fixed.

- Corrected running brush along curve (no gaps).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
34 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Is working fine on my side, no crash.

But let me ask.

Why you try to use Height Adjustment Tool (it is a Paint Tool) over a Sculpt mesh created on voxel mode ? :huh:

It is also crashing with sculpt sphere, i just fast demonstrate steps, yes it may work or may crash at switching to this tool

Sorry but cant replicate any crash following that steps. 

Try Edit > Reset Settings please

//edit

Found it.

IF Preferences > Sculpt Layers is turned OFF = Switching to Paint room, Selecting  Height tool >> No Crash.

IF Preferences > Sculpt Layers is turned ON = Switching to Paint room, Selecting  Height tool >> Crash.

• Contributor

Can any staff tell me if 3DCoat can be installed on a second computer as long as only one is running at a time? I found an older thread that informed users it's ok but when I've done this recently I got a warning stating that it was registered on a different computer and that I must exit immediately

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sprayer said:

After reset settings the same steps leads to crash.
Maybe other people may check this too?

I can confirm. Sort of...
1. Creating file with surface sphere,
2. Switching to Paint room,
3. Selecting  Height tool
Causes program to prompt save file because of unstable situation...
Next getting this error window: 

nfMCWJR.png

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ascensi said:

Can any staff tell me if 3DCoat can be installed on a second computer as long as only one is running at a time? I found an older thread that informed users it's ok but when I've done this recently I got a warning stating that it was registered on a different computer and that I must exit immediately

there's chart on buy-page  https://3dcoat.com/buy/  

Edited by deburger

• Reputable Contributor
11 hours ago, sprayer said:

After reset settings the same steps leads to crash.
Maybe other people may check this too?

I'm reporting the confirmation of the tool crashing 3DCoat (even on a Paint Mesh). However, keep in mind, the Height Adjustment tool wasn't designed to work on SCULPT MESHES (Meshes created or imported directly into the SCULPT room). It was created for PAINT MESHES (meshes imported directly into the Paint Room). You can use SCULPT LAYERS (Magnify or Erase Brush) for that function.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
2 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

I'm reporting the confirmation of the tool crashing 3DCoat (even on a Paint Mesh). However, keep in mind, the Height Adjustment tool wasn't designed to work on SCULPT MESHES (Meshes created or imported directly into the SCULPT room). It was created for PAINT MESHES (meshes imported directly into the Paint Room). You can use SCULPT LAYERS (Magnify or Erase Brush) for that function.

Scratch that part about the Height Adjustment tool not working on Sculpt meshes. I forgot Andrew did add support for that, but it probably got broken by the Refactoring work that was done (4.9.06 and newer).

Hi there,

For a while, I've noticed a bug on the Pose Tool in Voxel, when undoing whilst using it.

Here are the repro steps:

1. On a Voxel Layer, use the Pose Tool to select an area of the sculpt to deform.
  2. Deform the area with the Pose Tool - Translate, scale or rot.
  3. Undo the the deformation with the tool still active.

This will corrupt the Layer. I've attached the screen capture.

I hope this helps.

Loving 4.9 and all the new features.
Thanks for the awesome work guys.

@sprayer 

Found it.

IF Preferences > Sculpt Layers is turned OFF = Switching to Paint room, Selecting  Height tool >> No Crash.

IF Preferences > Sculpt Layers is turned ON = Switching to Paint room, Selecting  Height tool >> Crash.

Hey,

Here's a little U.I. bug that happens when you change a panel size by dragging its borders.

Repro steps:

1. Start dragging the Presets panel all the way up
  2. The panels will start to resize themselves without any way to stop them.

Quick fix if that happens to you: Windows > Reset this page to defaults

Here's a screen capture of this bug:

Edited by zebrap
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

@zebrapAre you using latest version 4.9.27 ?

I saw both bugs but on early versions, not latest one

@Carlosan Yes I am.
I have captured both of them using 4.9.27 running the GL64 version.
I run 3D Coat on a Razer Blade advanced that has a RTX 2080 Max Q.
I'm using the latest Nvidia Studio drivers 442.19 

Edited by zebrap

8.03.20 4.9.28 [beta]

- Jitters in the Bend Volume tool. Now, this tool may be used as an array of bent objects. For example, for scales or spikes over the skin.

- ENTER in curves editor will lead to fill area using the current tool for closed curves and brushing along the curve for open curves. It is exactly like it was for old-style curves. If you need to run the brush along a closed curve - use the RMB menu for curves.

- Fixed crash in the Magnify tool.

- Old-style curves recovered.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

8.03.20 4.9.28 [beta]

Thanks for the update Andrew.
It has also solved the undo bug in the Pose Tool.

[EDIT]
Hmm.. nope. Actually it didn't!  sorry.
It has just happened again. Undo whilst using the Pose Tool on a voxel layer, can corrupt the layer with 4.9.28 [beta] 

Edited by zebrap

1 hour ago, zebrap said:

Thanks for the update Andrew.
It has also solved the undo bug in the Pose Tool.

[EDIT]
Hmm.. nope. Actually it didn't!  sorry.
It has just happened again. Undo whilst using the Pose Tool on a voxel layer, can corrupt the layer with 4.9.28 [beta] 

I tried to reproduce, but it works as expected. Maybe you missed some detail in the description? 

2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I tried to reproduce, but it works as expected. Maybe you missed some detail in the description? 

Interesting. I'm going to try to isolate the detail / combination of details that could be responsible.
I'll keep you posted if I find a clue.

Thanks for having a look at it earlier anyway.

Edited by zebrap

3 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Solved.
I've started the tests with a super clean install - after backing up my presets etc. And sure enough,  that did the trick
Somehow, updating the beta versions for a long while must have messed up the config files or something.
So after uninstalling all the versions, deleting the 3D-Coat folder in the User Documents and re-installing it fresh, everything is back in order and The Pose Tool is behaving perfectly now - no more undo bug.

[EDIT]
Could the beta updates have somehow malfunctioned because I was using a Symbolic Link for my User Documents 3DCoat 4.9 folder, pointing to another drive in order to save space on the system disk?

I can still reproduce the little U.I. bug - the one with the panels crawling up by themselves - but that's fine, it's a cute one.

Cheers,
Stef 

Edited by zebrap