3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

My meshes are keep getting destroyed :( this happens quite often, I think it started on a stable 4.8.X and still continues (the video is from 4.8.30). Never had these issues on 4.7. I don't know the exact steps to reproduce, but this happens mostly after undoing something.

Here I noticed some holes, run to voxel / remesh with different outcomes.

Here after an undo the mesh has covered with holes. For this one I'm attaching a scene

image.png.04402b120bcacaf365da740bede6cad5.png

12_001.3b

• Like 1

Hi 

Layer1 Is corrupted, turn off Sculpt Layers on Preferences to avoid future issues.

After delete Layer1, Geometry > Close Holes > Clean geometry > ctrl+shift > reconstruct > Close Holes > Clean geometry finally clean up the mesh.

Cheers

//edit

* Use latest version 4.9.31. Far more stable.

HideLayer1.jpg

Sculpt.jpg

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

Layer1 Is corrupted, turn off Sculpt Layers on Preferences to avoid future issues.

After delete Layer1, Geometry > Close Holes > Clean geometry > ctrl+shift > reconstruct > Close Holes > Clean geometry finally clean up the mesh.

Cheers

HideLayer1.jpg

Sculpt.jpg

this problem not from sculpt layers because i have this issue too and never use sculpt layers it just random appears in sculpt mode, it can be solve in voxel mode with this model. In my experience this also may not work.
here if you hide sculpt layer and start to draw something 

Dvy5knk.jpg

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, kritskiy said:

My meshes are keep getting destroyed :( this happens quite often, I think it started on a stable 4.8.X and still continues (the video is from 4.8.30). Never had these issues on 4.7. I don't know the exact steps to reproduce, but this happens mostly after undoing something.

Here I noticed some holes, run to voxel / remesh with different outcomes.

Here after an undo the mesh has covered with holes. For this one I'm attaching a scene

image.png.04402b120bcacaf365da740bede6cad5.png

12_001.3b

When that happens, try to UNDO to the point just before it occurs and RMB the layer > TO GLOBAL SPACE. If it still keeps happening, UNDO again, try the GLOBAL SPACE step + hit ENTER. This basically DYNAMESHES the object, which converts to voxels and restores it to an evenly spaced Surface mesh, in one step.

Thanks everyone, I'll try .31 (this was done in .30) and will disable sculpt layers.

AbnRanger, yes, that's how I fixed this, however this happens at least once-twice a day, sometimes on different end of a model and I don't notice it until undoing is not an option... while this is fixable I'd prefer this won't happen at all :/

• Advanced Member
4 minutes ago, kritskiy said:

Thanks everyone, I'll try .31 (this was done in .30) and will disable sculpt layers.

AbnRanger, yes, that's how I fixed this, however this happens at least once-twice a day, sometimes on different end of a model and I don't notice it until undoing is not an option... while this is fixable I'd prefer this won't happen at all :/

if you can replicate steps i think Andrew will fix it. I am also saw this problem but don't know how to reproduce again, i believe it is showing when you switching tools or operations

• Advanced Member

When using r-fill in retopo room, it doesnt connect/join all neighboring vertices.

btw, did something happen to 4.9.30 onwards? the points/faces tool (retopo room) seems to went back to old problematic ways again. Very very difficult to locate the empty space to toggle the faces. 4.9.29 didnt seem to exhibit the issues. Maybe it was placebo effect? Can someone else try to see if there was a difference.

Edited by pickers

4.9.32 (beta, close to stable)

- Full path to the texture shown in smart material's hint.

- Correct Res+ for layers if layers' opacity is partial (slightly darker spots at the edge).

- Fixed object disappearing after clicking on the shader.

- Several applink-related problems solved

- Open GL shaders problem fixed.

- Paint->Transform tool works correctly with freeze.

• Like 5

22.03.20 4.9.33 (beta, very close to stable!)

- Fixed holes in the coverage of "Fill entire layer", "Fill layer" commands.

- Fixed Retopo Import/Export - previously all edges were marked as sharp during the import, sometimes a crash was possible during the export.

- Fixed painting with smart material using the airbrush tool.

- Non-recursive search in Downloads for auto-installing to avoid lag at strtup.

• Like 3

• Reputable Contributor

There is a new bug since 4.9.33 also present in 4.9.34 (GL, haven't tried DX)

In sculpt room change view mode (press 1 or 2 on alphanumeric keyboard for example) : the display does not refresh with the new view mode until you start navigating with the camera.
same when you swith back to smooth shade.

• Advanced Member

Was playing with proxy slider in 4.9.34. Noticed that proxy slider is primary used for display high poly objs in the scene without stressing too much on the memory component.

However, can the high poly obj be used instead of the proxy obj during retopo baking automatically?

1 hour ago, Speike-Styles said:

So? Can I trust that this is really a stable that did not introduce more bugs? Reading the above I am already seeing that what I wrote a few weeks ago would continue. Lets hope not.

It's a beta version and we are the testers, so nobody can answer that question, only time can tell. Just assume that there's probably some bugs that are gonna be discovered in the next few days, and that fixing these bugs may introduce some new ones.

The only way to be just is to use an older version. That's why for my job I use a version of photoshop that is 2 years old, for exemple.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Panka said:

It's a beta version and we are the testers, so nobody can answer that question, only time can tell. Just assume that there's probably some bugs that are gonna be discovered in the next few days, and that fixing these bugs may introduce some new ones.

The only way to be just is to use an older version. That's why for my job I use a version of photoshop that is 2 years old, for exemple.

Yeah, but they  just released it again as a stable. It is not even a beta any more. Im gessing they want to take part in the " Sale time people at home " influence

I can already confirm the undo issue. Also Cloth sim is having issues.

as for using older versions same here, but there are just some Programs that do it right and new tools  make workflows better. Just do not release betas. Affinity, Zbrush have done it correct until now need I name more?

If they made it a paid release they would really have to change something for me to pay for it. Like MD,SP,SD etc.. GPU is great, but only if u have a Hardware my CPU has never let me down. It is always the Software that is not optimized. Same goes for "Games" Wolcen is a nightmare with 0 Optimizations and COD is clean/smooth as butter. If you only add add add and never clean up the code it piles. I Guarantee you that 90% would want a Stable " I can handle anything then " Hey here are 10 more new tools "... and some bug fixes.. " oh wait we added 15 more bugs in the process.. Time to juggle " You get my point?

Version 7.05 still the best release.

5 minutes ago, Speike-Styles said:

Yeah, but they  just released it again as a stable. It is not even a beta any more. Im gessing they want to take part in the " Sale time people at home " influence

I can already confirm the undo issue. Also Cloth sim is having issues.

as for using older versions same here, but there are just some Programs that do it right and new tools  make workflows better. Just do not release betas. Affinity, Zbrush have done it correct until now need I name more?

If they made it a paid release they would really have to change something for me to pay for it. Like MD,SP,SD etc.. GPU is great, but only if u have a Hardware my CPU has never let me down. It is always the Software that is not optimized. Same goes for "Games" Wolcen is a nightmare with 0 Optimizations and COD is clean/smooth as butter. If you only add add add and never clean up the code it piles. I Guarantee you that 90% would want a Stable " I can handle anything then " Hey here are 10 more new tools "... and some bug fixes.. " oh wait we added 15 more bugs in the process.. Time to juggle " You get my point?

Version 7.05 still the best release.

oh yes I understand. I think I give 3DC a pass because they're a small team, and they don't charge for update. I work a lot with adobe software that have almost no new stuff, many bugs on every release and a monthly payment, or I see the 3d artists using any autodesk software too.

same for games ( damn Wolcen was rough on release, IDK how it's now. even POE league for exemple is so-so...).

but I understand the problem, especially in production. but I'm not a dev, so IDK how the problem can be solved, except maybe having a version in ''beta'' and mark it as ''stable'' like a month later, when more peoples have tested it.

4.9 .06 to .34

Tray ' voxhide' and do 'object-ify Hidden' ..  then boolean 'add'  that 'object-ify object' to the first part of an object .. that doesn't work well from  '.05 to the last '. 34; I checked every  version!!! btw. WHY I have two objects selected after doing object-ify ?  what a logic behind this?

2bug.jpg

1.jpg

10 hours ago, sprayer said:

Here video.

this is not about cursor itself, this is about the wrong logic of boolean selection by shortcut... Something fkdup here ..but frequently work ..hard to define the bug because is not error message here.. something wrong with 'pick up' A/B of boolean sides..

xxx.JPG