3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

After I cleared my cookies (was recommended by Chrome), it seemed to work

I tried that as I saw that message too. After signing into EVERYTHING else, after rebooting, after updating Chrome, still nothing. So I tried in Internet Explorer but it doesn't work there either. The Pilgway link hasn't worked for weeks as I get a message about a security risk so I use the 3DCoat link - that doesn't work either now.

• Advanced Member

That sounds mighty annoying.

The Pilgway link worked like normal for me, downloaded in less than a minute. So I assume its ok at Pilgway end.

Using Chrome, Up to date Win 10

Not sure what chrome version, does that not just update itself.

( disclaimer -I know very little about operating systems etc)

And thanks team for putting align to view back:)

1 hour ago, Tony Nemo said:

Both download sites still blocked with redirect error. .39 not available on google drive.

Hey Tony! Try again in about 10 minutes, on Google Drive. It's currently uploading and has an eta of 2 minutes.

• Advanced Member

On 3/29/2020 at 7:41 AM, jene said:

I used "marge with ". but didn't be desired result.

umm... I'm sad.

I don't know why but.

my eyes are exhausted. I have some tension on my neck and shoulder.

3Dcoat makes me exhausted than other 3Dsoftware.:(

maybe I could find why that issue happen.

as a test, I used "retopo via decimaton".

but I didn't see edge lines of the retopo mesh.

I used "Flip faces",  edge lines came out.

as a result ,  the cause of boolian was that surface meshes ware reversed.

it might need "recalculate normal outside"  for surface mesh on sculpt room. ^_^

rvd.gif

Edited by jene

• Advanced Member

when I turn on "back face culling" ,  faces are flipped  on surface mode.

if there is already means , I want to know how to reverse faces on surface mode.

thank you.

rvd2.gif

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Werner_Z said:

Live Clay Tools on imported meshes has artifacts in surface mode. 

Maybe better to share scene or model, because i was tried and imported Obj fine for me, so it maybe something with import model

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, sprayer said:

Maybe better to share scene or model, because i was tried and imported Obj fine for me, so it maybe something with import model

Yeah, I think hitting ENTER (basically dyna-meshes it) would solve that. I also RMB the VoxTree layer > choose TO GLOBAL SPACE, when I notice strange mesh behaviors. Sometimes that works surprisingly well, but not in every case.

Please confirm

Paint Room > Select any Smart Material (it is not happening with all but someones)

If Preview Option > project from the camera is selected, Preview Option disappear.

• Reputable Contributor
13 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Please confirm

Paint Room > Select any Smart Material (it is not happening with all but someones)

If Preview Option > project from the camera is selected, Preview Option disappear.

No, it works here. could you give the name of default smaterials that are affected, or share one that doesn't work ?
image.png.0ed184c745dbd0096922cc5b9aca6d02.png

• Like 1

[4.9 39 Gl/Dx]

1.Pointing with shortcuts still doesn't work properly ..

short.JPG

2.Picking model parts [by a shortcut of course ] in the  Render Room, automatic change them from voxel to surface;/

Edited by tcwik

Hey,
Just a quick one.

I've noticed that when the viewport camera is set to 'isometric', the objects appear black in the render room.
They also appear black in the sculpt room if 'Cast Shadows' is enabled.

I'm not sure if it's due to the nature of the render engine, or if it's a bug.
I just wanted to report this here as I couldn't find it mentioned on the forums. Maybe it'll help someone someday!

Loving the new cloth tool by the way. Loads of fun.
Awesome stuff guys.

cast_shadow_ISO_black_object.jpg

Edited by zebrap

• Advanced Member

The new "custom stitches" are giving me grief at the moment, cant get the alpha to rotate. Maybe something as gone wrong with my model, it does not work anywhere on this model. But if I drop a fresh sphere into the scene it works fine on the new model. Ive tried
everyting from cleaning the surface to voxelising and returning to surface mode  to hitting the return key to remesh. I wonder if it is because I have painted the mesh.I will delete all the layers and have a look.

Edit ..deleting paint layers did not work. I also tried deleting the options xml thingy, but I wary of deleting something vital.  I think all it is , is the 'rotate alpha' has given up on me.

stiches copy.jpg

Edited by stusutcliffe
  • Like 1