3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, tcwik said:

how to get rid of these shortcuts ?!!!! I have moooreee better ways to use   QWER than this :help:

wtf.jpg

Err... Hardcoded ! oh, no !

and... you can add an additional shortcut, but you can't delete it if you do
image.png.9ddf3dbc3186214b5b2799af69a966e6.png
(delete key becomes the new shortcut)

• Haha 1

• Contributor

Surface Hide (Surface Mode) - Possible bug?

Pressing the CTRL Key to be able to Unhide a certain area does not work the command using the following types of E-Panel:
- Square Lasso, Rectangle Lasso, Vertex Lasso, Stroke Lasso, Circle Lasso, Elipse Lasso and Closed Spline.

image.thumb.png.557b0f7a12bf75b0be75ba185aeba525.png

I tested with the other types of E-Panel and they work correctly with the Ctlr key to unhide certain areas of geometry.

• Contributor

Surface Hide - 3D Closed Spline (Surface Mode) :

Using the 3D Closed Spline (E-Panel) type when you press the Enter key:
The result is Unhide a little more of the determined area (even with Radius to a small value), but the strangest thing is that Freeze appears in the area at the same time.

Would this behavior be normal?

surfacehide_freeze.thumb.jpg.3190ad16d75280d2e1bf733fa5a06929.jpg

right mouse shortcut too change the depth of a brush doesn't work in "Plane Defined by RMB" type of surface option mode.. [logic bug]

xx.jpg

Edited by tcwik

10.06.20 4.9.49 (stable)

- Unhide with CTRL+lasso problem fixed.

- Possibility to turn off hard-coded keys assignment to gizmo (QWER). See the Preferences->Tools.

- Gamma inverted in Textures->Adjust->Gamma for similarity with other applications.

- Cavity/AO baking user settings stored for re-usage later (into XML-s)

- Text-based STL import problem fixed.

- Occlusion dialog got gamma correction control.

• Like 3

• Contributor

Surface Hide - 3D Closed Spline (Surface Mode) = Freezing Area?

In the first image, choosing Surface Hide Tool, selecting the 3D Closed Spline type in the E-Panel, to hide a specific area of geometry.
After making the curve, I pressed the ENTER key to hide the area inside the curve, but the result was that the inside of the curve became Freeze.
I hoped the result would be to hide the area inside the curve and not become a freeze.

surface_hide_3dClosedSpline_1.thumb.jpg.6fb17d1d236832316a72b1e2b4444530.jpg

In the second image, I selected Surface Hide Tool, hid an area of geometry with Free Lasso.
Then, in the E-Panel I chose the 3D Closed Spline type and made a curve with the objective of Unhide the area inside the curve.
I pressed the Enter key and the result was that the determined area appeared again and at the same time the area with Freeze.

surface_hide_3dClosedSpline_2.thumb.jpg.959a4a0b76e5ea59113a16ae601c26e0.jpg

• Contributor

Dragged menu on the interface causes conflict with E-Panel (any brush or tool).

When the user drags a menu from the top of the interface, any tool when using certain types of E-Panel causes conflict and malfunction.
The problem was tested with Surface Hide, Freeze tools and brushes in Surface Mode.

• Contributor

Strange things between Freeze Tool - Surface Hide Tool and using Freeze Menu commands:

When the user uses the Freeze Tool, then switches to the Surface Tool and uses Freeze Menu commands, strange things happen in geometry.
Is This normal?

• Contributor

Merge Down in Sculpt Layers does not delete the layer that was commanded:

When the user has different layers in the Sculpt Layer and uses the Merge Down command on the layer above, the result is that the command leaves the layer above empty and does not delete it from Sculpt Layers.
Is this behavior normal?

I thought the two layers would merge, not leaving an empty layer in the sculpt Layers.

• Contributor

Freeze Menu / Hide Frozen Area (Surface mode) = Display problem:

When the user uses the Hide Frozen Area command located in the Freeze Menu, several problems occur in the Freeze display and at the same time there is no Freeze.
The user thinks that the area is still with Freeze, but it is just a Display error in the geometry.

I had to use the Move Tool and just click on the area for the Freeze display problem to go away.

• Contributor

Snake Clay (LiveClays Brushes) = Missing the Steady Stroke property

Where is the Steady Stroke property in the Tool Properties?
Because for me there is no Steady Stroke in the properties and even though I gave Steady Stroke a shortcut key, I cannot disable it.

So two things happen:
1) Steady Stroke has disappeared from the properties of the Snake Brush.
2) At the moment, using the Snake Clay Brush (LiveClay Brushes), the hotkey to activate and deactivate Steady Stroke does not work.

1693463436_MissingSteadyStrokeinSnakeClayBrush.thumb.jpg.4cb485d40acc2760f5490a8b7a149c51.jpg

Additional Quixel folder question...

I have a quixel folder that has folders with the unpacked textures, but it looks like because there is no .zip file 3d coat isnt recognising them. With quixel mixer when you download materials it automatically creates folders and discards the zip. Is there anyway to automatically import to 3d coat with just the folder??

image.png.d4fd80ddfecee40d73b5ebd64952fb29.png

image.thumb.png.55dca3dd503aac2192a31c6c5b4ef0a8.png

Hi 

two "whys";   first is why panoramas don't have their own folder ?? they in the temp folder but they don't temporary for me ;]

second, why I don,t can change and save shortcuts for stencil bar?

xw.jpg

xxx.jpg

With an update from 4.9.02 to 4.9.49C on MacOS my 3D Mouse is no longer working, still works with the 3Dconnexion trainer, and was working with the prior version of 3D Coat.  Going back to 4.9.02 and the 3d mouse works.

Edited by celer

• Reputable Contributor

Are you supposed to be able to bake from a painted sculpt (no uv's) to an external uv mapped mesh using the texture baking tool in the texture menu in the paint room ?

Because I just tried, and it produces a black texture...

Here are the steps to reproduce :
-In retopo room, select a uv-mapped mesh in the retopo objects panel, hit apply.
-retopo menu > export
-go to sculpt room, Geometry menu > retopo mesh > sculpt mesh
-subdivide several times
-(then I went back to retopo room and did Retopo > clear mesh)
-go to paint room and paint the sculpt
-go to texture menu > texture baking tool > select the mesh exported from retopo, and type a name for the output color texture
-Bake > the progress bar appears, 3dc works hard...
-check the output textures : they are all black

1 hour ago, tritochke said:

hi devs, i think Pilgway link is broken, or infected perhaps ?! my malverbytes blocks this every time, windows block it too and i cannot access this version. can somebody confirm this, so that i'm not the only one, thx

all best

N

Nevermind, my girlfriend tried it on her machine and link definitely works, i'll have to check this somewhere else internally, sry for this. all good

• Advanced Member

Can somebody check how quixel folders work? It won't work for me. And as i understand 3d coat can't load displacement map and normal map in the same time what quixel have?

Edited by sprayer

• Contributor

Copy Alpha Command of BaseBrushes (possible bug):
When you first use the Copy Alpha command on Base Brushes and then use the Paste Alpha command on another Base Brushes Brush, it works correctly.
However, right after... when you try to do the same steps by copying a different alpha from another brush and try to paste in another brush it doesn't work anymore.
The Copy Alpha command retains in memory only the first time the user presses the command, the next times, when the user presses again on Copy Alpha in the different types of alphas it will not work, as it seems that the memory is "locked" and always will use the alpha you first pressed the Copy Alpha Command.

copy_alpha_Base_Brushes.thumb.gif.b54a7bd911fd56e9ff98c04a8f0f2eb3.gif

• Contributor

Dragging effect (strange) - Stamp Mode:

Using Stamp Mode:
Correct Operation:
- Left mouse button holding and dragging while reaching the location. Remaining with the left button pressed, without moving the mouse, release the left button.

Strange operation:
- Left mouse button holding and dragging ... and with the mouse still in motion, you release the left button, an "echo" effect or alpha duplication occurs.

dragging_effect.thumb.gif.07599b15edb1026492fb735cad8e997c.gif

- The activity bar on the top right presented. It shows the current state of mask/material/shader/vertexture etc. This is preview/beta feature, turn on on Prefs/beta if need.

activity.png

tenor.gif

• Contributor
On 6/24/2020 at 11:53 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

- The activity bar on the top right presented. It shows the current state of mask/material/shader/vertexture etc. This is preview/beta feature, turn on on Prefs/beta if need.

activity.png

The intention of this is good, but in my opinion it is located in a place of the interface far from the focus of the user's work. The user, if he wants to use this option, has to travel the mouse to the upper right corner.
It would be much better if it had an extra option that would allow these pop-menus to be floating in the middle of the interface and also the user could move and place them anywhere (
it would be much better to have the options close to the focus of the job).
Something similar to the Stroke curves options menu, but allowing the user to freely position anywhere.
image.png.2ec61c34edbac9f88a73b405f4599bdc.png

4 hours ago, Rygaard said:

The intention of this is good, but in my opinion it is located in a place of the interface far from the focus of the user's work. The user, if he wants to use this option, has to travel the mouse to the upper right corner.
It would be much better if it had an extra option that would allow these pop-menus to be floating in the middle of the interface and also the user could move and place them anywhere (
it would be much better to have the options close to the focus of the job).
Something similar to the Stroke curves options menu, but allowing the user to freely position anywhere.
image.png.2ec61c34edbac9f88a73b405f4599bdc.png

Hi there! I've complained about this for years. I even did a mock-up on a panel that could contain this, unfortunately nothing ever happened. I really wish this would change, because I can't tell you how often it's gotten in my way of working (hint: Every single time). Hears hoping this might change this time. :sorry: