Jump to content
3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

Recommended Posts

19.1.20 4.9.20

- BaseBrush as new universal mechanism to create custom brushes.

Completely new Alphas creation mechanism.

- Possibility to bypass dialogs in Autopo menu

- Removed old-style gizmos from Curve/Text tools.

- Fixed disappearing mode selector in Pose tool.

- Fixed voxelization with auto-closing holes problem (mesh destruction in some cases)

- Fixed problem with double undo after "Remove stretching"

- Clone and Degrade under VoxTree restored.

- Fixed overlapping VoxTree UI elements in some cases.

- Better support of multiselection in AUTOPO.

- Fixed problem of unresponsive retopo layers

- RFill and seams problem fixed

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

- BaseBrush as new universal mechanism to create custom brushes.

Completely new Alphas creation mechanism.

 @Andrew Shpagin , Is this new brush system compatible with presets?
I would like to know this so as not to lose my presets ...
Can I install this version of the Brush New system on top of the latest version without having problems with my Brushes?

Thank you very much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant found any trouble but better to backup creating extensions.

extension.jpg

sidenote (edited):

BaseBrush -for Surface Mode only- is amazing ! Thx for hard work !

BaseBrush.jpg

BrushShape.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

I cant found any trouble but better to backup creating extensions.

extension.jpg

sidenote:

BaseBrush is amazing ! Thx for hard work !

Any info you can share about BaseBrush? I can't test it as the Mac version isn't up to date yet :) 

Is it a universal brush system that works between both Voxel and Surface mode etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa, this universal brush engine looks pretty cool!

Only just starting testing it, but I can see a lot of potential for some very powerful new brushes.  The alpha generator is pretty awesome too.  I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this before.

Will it be possible to add in new effect types?  Is that something you could expose through scripting?  That way people could add gravity effects, fracture effects and the like...Also, for the rotate effect, it would be nice to define the axis(x,y,z,custom) and position (xyz position relative to the centre of the brush) of the rotation effect

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So happy about the Pose tool fix. I kept meaning to report that and forgetting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Base Brush - Alpha:

It seems that when you load a texture a bug happens.
This texture was a TIF, but I haven't tested it with other image formats yet.

image.thumb.png.a98c74af722491ed85493940b4e4b878.png

Below the real texture:
image.png.03d83e6b12f2eaeb297b6eeee948bed1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

Base Brush - Alpha:

It seems that when you load a texture a bug happens.
This texture was a TIF, but I haven't tested it with other image formats yet.

image.thumb.png.a98c74af722491ed85493940b4e4b878.png

Below the real texture:
image.png.03d83e6b12f2eaeb297b6eeee948bed1.png

I haven't tried with an alpha yet, but did you try with turning on the different falloffs?  I'll check too to see if I get similar results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, gbball said:

I haven't tried with an alpha yet, but did you try with turning on the different falloffs?  I'll check too to see if I get similar results.

Now, I tried with FallOff enabled.
The same bug continued, but with falloff applied to the bug.

image.thumb.png.b8c74d3308eabcbbaf257be5592128ad.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clone Tool - Bug

I tried using the Clone Tool to copy the texture already applied to the mesh surface and then I just clicked a single button in the empty area beside it.
After I clicked on the empty area, 3D-Coat went to "Not Responding", and after a long time (many minutes), the result was a noise that looked like I dragged the mouse across the mesh surface.

image.thumb.png.6945521ca030483297de669c9fe5bde9.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rygaard said:

 @Andrew Shpagin , Is this new brush system compatible with presets?
I would like to know this so as not to lose my presets ...
Can I install this version of the Brush New system on top of the latest version without having problems with my Brushes?

Thank you very much

BaseBrush is independent on current system, should not break it.

Regarding presets - curves/text/snake/spike/muscle related presets may be broken (tools moved to other principles of registration). If that sort of presets are important for anyone, please tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rygaard The brush alphas worked for me, but I used png, not tiff.

Also, I encountered a bug where the brush effects I tried to add to the CTRL modifier were all applied to the regular brush function.

Edited by gbball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gbball said:

Whoa, this universal brush engine looks pretty cool!

Only just starting testing it, but I can see a lot of potential for some very powerful new brushes.  The alpha generator is pretty awesome too.  I don't know if I've ever seen anything like this before.

Will it be possible to add in new effect types?  Is that something you could expose through scripting?  That way people could add gravity effects, fracture effects and the like...Also, for the rotate effect, it would be nice to define the axis(x,y,z,custom) and position (xyz position relative to the centre of the brush) of the rotation effect

I may add any effects. Also, a bit later you will be able to add own effects using formulas (c++, used with OpenCL). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

BaseBrush is independent on current system, should not break it.

Regarding presets - curves/text/snake/spike/muscle related presets may be broken (tools moved to other principles of registration). If that sort of presets are important for anyone, please tell me.

I think that all presets are valuable. Please, If you can prevent the Presets from breaking, it will be very important...
 

I sent you email about Plane Offset:
I would like to know about the function of BaseBrush's Plane Offset. I did not understand how it works.
I thought it would work like the video I showed you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gbball said:

Also, I encountered a bug where the brush effects I tried to add to the CTRL modifier were all applied to the regular brush function.

I tested it.
When you select the CTRL Modifier, and add "effects or brushes" automatically what was added will appear in Regular and in CTRL Modifier nothing will appear.
I don't know if the behavior would have independent effects for Regular and Ctrl, or if you have to press the Copy button from Regular in order for the CTRL Modifier to work.

BUG:

A strange thing that happened to me was the following:
I just added the Brush "Average...", then I went to Ctrl Modifier and I pressed the button to Copy from Regular. The result was that... there were a lot of brushes in the listing and duplicates (for both Regular and Ctrl Modifier).

 

*** Bug:
The alpha of the TIF format I was using for testing was DELETED from the folder, leaving only the .mclp and .xml formats.

image.png.c59918865a84565481a6a0ac526b4c8e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, allanmrtn said:

Thank you! What is the difference between the SL and the normal version?

SL includes Sculpt Layers, which is an experimental feature (at least for 4.9.05)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi devs

I am currently using 4.9.19 ver and off the bat i've noticed one serious problem with importing huge reference meshes using Voxel Sculpting option ( welcome screen ). Prior to this version It was possible to import really high ref meshes usually aroun 15 to 20 Mil poly's, but now this option is not possible anymore and If I try to import really low reference mesh, lets say 1 Mil 3DCoat will crash every time, no exceptions. :( I kinda hoped that with new updates 3DCoat would be able to handle even bigger reference object then 20 Mil, not loose this option in the process. Can anyone confirm this, any similar issues with heavy object handling ? 

thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the BaseBrush: I noticed that the right points in the Left/Right Falloff Window (Edit Brush Shape) seems to be really hard to move. Also, the Buildup option doesn't seem to have any effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rygaard said:

Base Brush - Alpha:

It seems that when you load a texture a bug happens.
This texture was a TIF, but I haven't tested it with other image formats yet.

image.thumb.png.a98c74af722491ed85493940b4e4b878.png

Below the real texture:
image.png.03d83e6b12f2eaeb297b6eeee948bed1.png

I tried using that same alpha and it seemed to work OK here. Also though I don't see the texture on the model when I use the brush.

base_brush.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In version 4.9.17 (marked as "stable") I can’t find the cube for zooming on the z axis, everything was fine in 4.9.05. What am I doing wrong? 

It. Highly. It’s strange. I restarted the program and a square appeared. This seems to be some kind of error when the scaling square appears at a certain viewing angle (it seems that the viewing angle is too large).

Edited by Dmitry Bedrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 other longstanding bugs that I should mention.

1 - in the retopo room, when using the point, faces tool.  If you assign delete polygons, delete edges, or collapse to the CTRL or CTRL+SHIFT action, it will perform the action of that tool, but it does so as though you're pressing CTRL.  This isn't usually the desired outcome.  For example, if i want to delete one or two polygons, I will have to swith tools instead of using the modifier because the modifier will delete everything.

2 - If I do a smooth all immediately after extruding, the extrusion will be lost and the smooth all will happen on the un-extruded version of the mesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In ver 4.9.19 which I am currently testing out Ive noticed a really strange problem with layers within retopo room, both sculpttree and retopo objects layers are buged, and what I mean by that is if you try to hide / show particular layer in both of these panels they will hide every other layer ( NOT connected to them by any hierarchy, meaning this selected object that I am trying to hide is not parent to others, its single mesh totally unrelated ) . If you switch then all your layers in the panel on OR off several times 3dcoat will not hide selected layer sometimes, sometimes it will rename ALL existing layer with the same name as the layer you selected last...just, i cannot even explain the scope of these glitches, they are all random and they all have to do with hiding, naming and positioning of the existing layers, in other words....it's bad :(

 

Edited by tritochke
Possible solution for this issue : Do NOT dock your sculpt tree or retopo objects panels, leave them floating and reopen them every time you reopen your scene, I find that this completely removes the issue mentioned above. Just a temp workaround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BaseBrush: I'm having some issues with the Curve controls that affect depth.

1.  The command to "Copy settings from the Regular" doesn't transfer a custom depth curve.

2.  I can't get my custom depth curves to stick on any of my BaseBrush presets. I reinstalled 4.9.20 and it still is a problem. "Update Preset" also doesn't work .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is my friend's report.

He has 3D mouse. but his 3D-coat FPS  lag When he disconnect 3D mouse from PC.

do you know how to fix this problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×