3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

Uff, that is going to really destroy the current workflow. What is the thinking behind overriding CTRL for inverse with this new erase function? Any other key would work just as fine.

In the meantime has anyone found the replacement key for inverting (if one exists)?

1 minute ago, Javis said:

In the meantime has anyone found the replacement key for inverting (if one exists)?

Yes please what is the replacement, because the "invert tool" checkbox at top of screen is inactive too

• Like 1

v4.9.02 ...  ctrl + depth paint  doesn't work?

v4.9.01 is no problem.

alv.gif

14 hours ago, Javis said:

Uff, that is going to really destroy the current workflow. What is the thinking behind overriding CTRL for inverse with this new erase function? Any other key would work just as fine.

I second that!

I mean, any key as a sticky one can be assigned to erase tool, why use a modifier key and break the standard workflow? 

I hope CTRL will restored as inverse function in the next build.

When I hide the voxtree, at the root, the objects do not disappear until I move the camera.
On the other hand, if I hide a layer in the voxtree, the display refreshes correctly.

This issue was reported.

2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

This issue was reported.

thank you very much.

Though it depend each user work-flow, but I hope when up-date, it offer option for invert about bump(normal), color, roughness, metalness,

with check box.  then user can modify, how ctrl work. 

(there are many ways to improve, eg,, use another modifier key (eg use alt+  then assgin it for color invert only ,,, at current shift + assgin smooth,

but maybe offer with check box, which user can full customize for invert, may be best solution .( it not mater how default work,  if we can edit it easy)

• Like 1

I test with 4.9.02 SL

I do not know if I miss usage, but I can not freeze, or erase with stencil and  FIll tool options, what I need to .

1. generate or import cube in paint room.

2. on layer 1. Fill color as you like. (I activate color only) 

3. on layer 1 . select stencil texture,  then  set Fill tool option as Fill w eraser.

4. click" Layer" in Fill tool option to erase all layer with stencil texture.

and hide layer 0.   it not work as it should be. stencil can not count to erase at all. 

5 if I click on surface with brush, stencil seems work but, the stencil  arrange distorted strange way.

it not matter which mapping option I choosed.

This is  drop box link of movie (mp4)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/13cy0hef6fk29z8/coattest2.mp4?dl=0

stencil.thumb.JPG.b8cdd936d24d32b65a7775d027625787.JPG

Then if I just color with use same brush setting, (fill tool) then click on surface, it work as it should be. (view port image and painted 

arrangement is same)

justcolorstencil.thumb.JPG.948c289f8613721faf73f297a95502af.JPG

And I can fill color with stencil just click (Layer, or surface Mat, or object) option button, in Tool options, it work.

so erase and freeze option seems break somehow, with use FIll and stencil .

Edited by tokikake
add movie link of drop box

4 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

updated to 4.9.03 to fixt CTRL issue

The SMOOTH (SHIFT key) feature of the BRUSH tool in the Retopo Room is stuck on 100%, Andrew.

14 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

The SMOOTH (SHIFT key) feature of the BRUSH tool in the Retopo Room is stuck on 100%, Andrew.

It does not seem stuck for me, but then again, I can't really see a difference in strength whether I set it to 0% or 100% it seems to act the same, is that what you mean ? image.png.6a0f77144d2a74c21e92cbe9ed4a9287.png

1 hour ago, lesaint said:

It does not seem stuck for me, but then again, I can't really see a difference in strength whether I set it to 0% or 100% it seems to act the same, is that what you mean ? image.png.6a0f77144d2a74c21e92cbe9ed4a9287.png

Yes. Same amount of smoothing no matter if the smoothing amount is reduced way down. Someone else mentioned this. I tested and confirmed it.

Version 49.3 Works like a Charm.  400 Million+ Voxels on a GTX 1080 at its max :) and no Crashes Yet.

This is rather Impressive, thank you and Congratulations This is a Good Update keep it up.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just a quick question - something has changed with hdri maps? I have a collection of hdr files that I've been using for long time, but now every new map is black and white.

After converting to exr everything works fine, but it's pain in the ass to convert whole collection.

By the way, 3dconnextion navigation isn't smooth, especially in some distance from model.

Edited by Mihu83

//edited

Sorry i misunderstood.

Could you please share one hdr map to take a look ?

2.08.2019 4.9.04

- Brush relax with shift depends on smooth degree over the pen.

- Invert selected in retopo/select

- correct OpenCL.dll included

• Like 5

Since I upgraded to 4.9.01 it keeps telling me "Warning Your serial number is used on another PC You should exit immediately" I uninstalled the license from the last version I was using...
It lets me work without any issue, saving works too, but having that on screen constantly is a bit annoying.

Is it a bug, or did I do something wrong?

Have you installed same lic at work or on another comp ?

Contact sales@3dcoat.com to ask about this issue.

Here is a video showing a problem I am having with the sphere tool.
It started I think one of the last releases of 4.8
This here is with 4.9.04 GL (also happens with DX)

So, the tool seems to be confused as to where to pick at the start of each stroke. It will start at a random location away from the brush, and either draw a single dot there in mid air, or draw a straight line from that point to where the brush actually is.
Also, with camera set to rotate on last pick point, you can see later in the video that the brush pointer starts going crazy. This often results in the view spinning around and going miles off.

Help to switch off Tool options > Draw from first point ?

//bug reported