3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

7 hours ago, stusutcliffe said:

What would the release number be for  the last non beta build please?

4.9.05 should be the last stable build

• Like 1

Version 4.9.23 - tooth paste tools destroys mesh in voxel mode(holes, etc.)

Also, in last couple of versions, 3DC doesn't work well with 3DConnexion, especialy in Render Room with Real Time Render enabled - everything gets blurry with even tiny movement.

Just tested in 4.9.05 and it works without problem.

2 minutes ago, Mihu83 said:

Also, in last couple of versions, 3DC doesn't work well with 3DConnexion, especialy in Render Room with Real Time Render enabled - everything gets blurry with even tiny movement.

Mihu, hold RMB at the same time as navigating with the 3d mouse in render room.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:13 AM, AbnRanger said:

4.9.05 should be the last stable build

If 4.9.05 is last stable release, then I don't understand why 4.9.17 is on download site... it makes a bit of a confusion.

13 minutes ago, lesaint said:

Mihu, hold RMB at the same time as navigating with the 3d mouse in render room.

Ok, will try that.

I recently started to notice a problem with the alpha rotation on brushstrokes in the Sculpt room. I mainly use the Surface and BaseBrush, so I can' t say if this applies to the Voxel brushes as well. It occurs randomly, about 25% of the time. I increased the spacing to make it easier to see the alpha rotation.

BrushRotationBug.jpg

Edited by SilverCity
Added info.

2020-02-09_1430.thumb.png.cba09e5af208a9127f136df862aac13e.png

I hid the selected pants in the UV room and now I can't get the mesh back that is visible in the  UV Preview. Plus can anyone explain the edges that are marked violet or yellow that can't be erased with ctrl-click? Also the model is no longer visible in the UV room so can't "apply UV" there.

Edited by Tony Nemo
more info

On 2/8/2020 at 8:50 AM, Mihu83 said:

If 4.9.05 is last stable release, then I don't understand why 4.9.17 is on download site... it makes a bit of a confusion.

That was already discussed in this thread. The Webmaster hasn't changed it, thought he should. Perhaps, Andrew told him that 4.9.23 would replace it, because he is trying to get it stable.

23 hours ago, Tony Nemo said:

2020-02-09_1430.thumb.png.cba09e5af208a9127f136df862aac13e.png

I hid the selected pants in the UV room and now I can't get the mesh back that is visible in the  UV Preview. Plus can anyone explain the edges that are marked violet or yellow that can't be erased with ctrl-click? Also the model is no longer visible in the UV room so can't "apply UV" there.

With "Mark Seams" selected (very important for context menu),  click now visible "Unhide All".

On 2/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, Mihu83 said:

Version 4.9.23 - tooth paste tools destroys mesh in voxel mode(holes, etc.)

Just tested in 4.9.05 and it works without problem.

I have that problem too sometimes, even just with a mouse. So I often just turn off the real-time while I'm rotating.

Version 4.9.23

sculpt room -> smooth (voxel) doesnt work with larger brush size. Smaller brush size is fine though. Using 4.8 mil tris obj with cuda smooth boost enabled as test.

19 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

I have that problem too sometimes, even just with a mouse. So I often just turn off the real-time while I'm rotating.

Well, holding RMB works ok for me. I don't like to disable RTR, especialy with high poly meshes - Render Room becomes a bit sluggish, enable/disable can be really annoying.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Rygaard said:

Brush Base:
1) Presets Problems:
All my previously saved BaseBrush presets are coming with the value of PlaneOffset = 0 (one slide). Both for Regular and for Ctrl Action.

image.png.5dddf5677200ef03a509bdd561705e57.png

2) Using Clay Brush,  negative values in Degree,  cause strange behaviors in geometry. Or I don't understand what negative numbers for Degree are for using Clay Brush.
image.thumb.png.86cab38b68fd3beb45db9791cbbe0d3f.png

.23 (base)Clay brush.  Is CTRL Action supposed to invert?  Right now it doesn't seem to do anything.

Edited by animk

58 minutes ago, animk said:

.23 (base)Clay brush.  Is CTRL Action supposed to invert?  Right now it doesn't seem to do anything.

In version .23, CTRL Action already works automatically (digging) the geometry.

For you to have the effect you are looking for, in Regular mode, you can activate Plane Offset (with the mouse icon - a single slide) and enter a value above 1.0 manually by typing in the field.

In my tests, when you set the value of the plane Offset = 1.0, the Brush digging (CTRL Action) will be similar to a Flatten Brush or something that you won't dig right. It will be the way you said it.

So, when you set the Plane Offset to > 1.5 or 2.0 automatically you will have the strongest digging behavior, just the way you are looking for (just find a value good for you).

You will not need to enter in CTRL Action mode and use the "Copy Settings from the" Regular "button.
You will only do something like this if you want to make a more specific configuration that achieves your goal.
If this is the case, you only have to enter a negative number (-2.0, -3.0) in the Plane Offset.

I particularly just set a higher value in Planne Offset and automatically Ctrl Action will do the digging normally.

Edited by Rygaard

I would like to say that 3D-Coat is having problems with the surface of the geometry in Voxels Mode, most Voxels brushes and tools like:
Snake, Muscle, Toothpaste, Spike are causing strange problems that appear in the geometry.
Even when you use SHIFT to smooth the surface.

voxels_problems.thumb.JPG.a49a7870513cd5cd9ddc4288382b0eb6.JPG

- Another important thing to comment is that the performance in the Voxels is very slow even (almost impossible to sculpt) with 500 thousand polygons (using Grow Brush, Clay Brush and others).

This is something I've never seen happen. In 4.9.20 I made this rock object. Used auto-retopo on it, then auto seams, unwrapped, and baked. In the paint room it looks great. But when I try to paint on it with depth all the seams pull apart. Sounds like a bug to me.

rock_glitch.png

12 minutes ago, philnolan3d said:

This is something I've never seen happen. I made this rock object. Used auto-retopo on it, then auto seams, unwrapped, and baked. In the paint room it looks great. But when I try to paint on it with depth all the seams pull apart. Sounds like a bug to me.

Make sure that "show displaced mesh" is unchecked in view menu image.png.7018b19139b2de522116f47fb7bd30cd.png

CLOSED SPLINE draw mode is broken, in builds after refactoring. It works properly in 4.9.05

It applies brush along spline, which is not it's designated purpose. That is for the Spline Stroke draw mode

16 hours ago, Rygaard said:

In version .23, CTRL Action already works automatically (digging) the geometry.

For you to have the effect you are looking for, in Regular mode, you can activate Plane Offset (with the mouse icon - a single slide) and enter a value above 1.0 manually by typing in the field.

In my tests, when you set the value of the plane Offset = 1.0, the Brush digging (CTRL Action) will be similar to a Flatten Brush or something that you won't dig right. It will be the way you said it.

So, when you set the Plane Offset to > 1.5 or 2.0 automatically you will have the strongest digging behavior, just the way you are looking for (just find a value good for you).

You will not need to enter in CTRL Action mode and use the "Copy Settings from the" Regular "button.
You will only do something like this if you want to make a more specific configuration that achieves your goal.
If this is the case, you only have to enter a negative number (-2.0, -3.0) in the Plane Offset.

I particularly just set a higher value in Planne Offset and automatically Ctrl Action will do the digging normally.

Thanks for the explanation.  It solved my problem.

BaseBrush:
- Testing with ClayBrush = Strange delay behavior when rotating the camera's viewing angle:
The following problem is happening to me, every time I'm sculpting, and when I'm going to rotate the camera (ALT + Left Click (wacom pen) navigation) to continue sculpting from another angle of view, there is a very strong lagging, in the which the FPS drops sharply and then returns to normal.
This strange behavior is very fast, but it does cause a wrong stroke that the user would not want to do.

This lagging behavior is also happening in Surface Mode brushes. I believe that the reason for this is exclusively when the user uses ALT + Click to rotate.

Edited by Rygaard

Sculpt room >> extrude (invert) with symmetry using Closed spline(tool)

symmetry.jpg

edit : hide the rest of the body parts solved it.

Edited by pickers