3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

Sculpt room >> extrude (invert) with symmetry using Closed spline(tool) . Closing the "closed spline" loop will produce a gap.

StartEndCurve.jpg

15.02.20 4.9.24 [beta]

- The new level of quality and speed in realtime cloth simulation in 3D-Coat.

- Fixed Retopo -> Connect for vertices, now each pair of vertices split face only once per operation, it allows to create edge loops in sequence Edges->Cut->Connect.

- Preventing the unexpected voxelization of the mesh during the autosave.

- Fixed Angulator modifier in no-buildup mode.

- Holes problem fixed in toothpaste tool.

- Fill holes tool recovered.

- Default presets included, distributed by folders.

• Like 2

I started testing the new beta now, and I have the following bugs and the 3d-coat Craches:

1) When you choose the Voxels mode in the initial window and choose a sphere. The sphere appears normally, but if you go to the File / New menu, and not Save the file, 3D-Coat immediately became unstable and CRASH.

image.thumb.png.b796fff1a1268da7a8683ff10e7d0c7f.png

2) I was testing the Cloth Tool and when I pressed the Subdivide button for the third or fourth time (I don't remember), 3D-Coat immediately became unstable and Crash.
image.thumb.png.f46d7453e4671c5d7a0ce1a36ba152d7.png

Edited by Rygaard

- Snake Tool:
When you use a low value in Smoothing Speed, is it normal to have several holes in the geometry or is that a possible bug?
1714543961_snaketoolpossiblebug.thumb.JPG.a24e323490d3f10a6e4c95ec6b323157.JPG

- Vox.Clay:

Vox.Clay is ignoring any Brush tip (alphas) I choose. And the result on the mesh surface is this strange behavior. Looking like I'm using an alpha that has a procedural noise.
vox_clay.thumb.jpg.b9be152a381097338550bd2d46df6795.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

When you choose the Voxels mode in the initial window and choose a sphere. The sphere appears normally, but if you go to the File / New menu, and not Save the file, 3D-Coat immediately became unstable and CRASH.

This big problem is also happening when you are in surface mode.
I believe that whenever the user goes to the File / New menu ... and I choose not to save the file, immediately 3d-coat becomes unstable and Crash.

- Voxels / Smudge Brush:
Strange voxels appear after using the Smudge Brush.

image.thumb.png.3818a8fa0cec1a6880fab75059d7e04c.png

- Geometries from Retopo Room -> Sculpt Room with possible problem:

1) I used Autopo to generate a new mesh structure in Retopo Room.

2) In Sculpt Room, I used the command Geometry / Retopo Mesh -> Sculpt Mesh to start sculpting again.

3) I used the RES + command to subdivide the mesh until it reached 4 million TRIS. Then, I chose my Clay Brush - Surface Mode (not the Base Brushes Clay Brush), with a Rectangular Brush Tip (alpha) that has blur applied. As you can see, each brush stroke
of the Clay Brush is completely pixelated or with stair treads.

image.thumb.png.b1ec723c4ba7f2d9081a2c4796a91617.png

4) So, I created a new layer in VoxTree, and in this new layer selected, I again used the command Retopo Mesh / Sculpt Mesh, I used RES + to subdivide the mesh into 4 million TRIS and this time, I pressed the ENTER KEY " to convert to Voxels "and I configured the same number of 4 million TRIS.

5) I selected the same Clay Brush with Square Brush Tip and Blur applied, and the result as you can see are smooth brush strokes without any kind of pixelated effect.

image.thumb.png.c0d8c56c203bd6951e23b08d1b74be3b.png

6) For the sake of comparison, I placed the two different mesh structures side by side. The first is the mesh coming from the Retopo Room and the second is the mesh coming from the Retopo Room, but converted into Voxels by the ENTER KEY.
image.thumb.png.35e5c59abf1b52daa0462a6bcedebdbe.png

I believe that there is some kind of problem with the geometries coming from the Retopo Room to the Sculpt Room.

8 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Thanks for reporting! Fixed crashes, uploaded 4.9.25

3D-Coat version 4.9.25:

*** 1) Thanks for fixing the File / New Menu Crach problem.

The following problems still remain:
2) Cloth Tool = Up to the fourth subdivision there was no crach, but the simulation was extremely slow.

3) Voxels: Snake Tool =
Continues to have the same problem with the holes or malformations of the generated geometry.

4) Voxels: Vox.Clay =  Still have the same problem of not respecting the Brush Tip (alpha).

5) Voxels: Smudge Brush = It still has the same problem of generating or appearing strange rectangular voxels.

6) Geometries from Retopo Room to Sculpt Room = It continues with the same problem when using Surface Mode Brushes. The brushstrokes have a pixelated effect.

--------------------------------

*** Important:
Unfortunately, a very strange Lag is happening.
The problem is as follows:
After you rotate the camera (ALT + Left Click) and try to start sculpting again, there is a very strong loss of FPS and with that the first brushstroke after the rotation comes with delay and causes problems.

Testing symmetry on Base brush, found it working fine.

Try Edit > Reset settings

BaseBrush.jpg

//edit

Local symmetry is not working.

Confirmed

9 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Testing symmetry on Base brush, found it working fine.

Try Edit > Reset settings

Resetting doesn't seem to work.

Symmetry on base brushes with "general case axis" is working fine when the object is at origin.

Try move the object away from origin,  use base brush with "general case axis" (in my case z axis).  It is where the symmetry is not working.

Capture3.JPG

Edited by animk

On 2/18/2020 at 1:05 AM, Tony Nemo said:

4.9.25 seems to have a broken Undo.

On my tests it works. When it happens? Or always on your side?

New cloth tool is.... such a huge step forward compared to what it was before!

one small issue : 3dc has trained me to Shift+click to smooth.
With cloth tool, Shift+click smoothes the current vox layer, not the cloth being simulated. Could that be changed ?

Also, could someone please tell me what are the default gravity/friction/roughness/stretchness values ? I have played with them without thinking to take note of the default.
and I don't want to reset all 3dc just for that.
Thanks.

20 minutes ago, lesaint said:

With cloth tool, Shift+click smoothes the current vox layer, not the cloth being simulated. Could that be changed ?

Also, could someone please tell me what are the default gravity/friction/roughness/stretchness values ? I have played with them without thinking to take note of the default.
Thanks.

Thanks!

Def stretchness is 0. Gravity 1. Friction 0.5

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lesaint said:

Thanks.

Add new empty volume (anyway it is helpful at the end), start simulation. Then SHIFT will work over the cloth. 

But of course, I will fix, it should not smooth the mesh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Add new empty volume (anyway it is helpful at the end), start simulation. Then SHIFT will work over the cloth. 

But of course, I will fix, it should not smooth the mesh.

I'd tend to use a new layer, yes, but I would use the copy tool to put some voxels in it where I want the cloth to "stick to current object".

7 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

It works when I tried it just now but I can't get any materials to apply after doing the sole with 'rubber'.2020-02-19_1213.thumb.png.71dab509c37fc20e3bb71f37eedd38dd.png

The Freeze tool works but no color can be applied.

Boots.3bBoots.3b

11 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

It works when I tried it just now but I can't get any materials to apply after doing the sole with 'rubber'.2020-02-19_1213.thumb.png.71dab509c37fc20e3bb71f37eedd38dd.png

The Freeze tool works but no color can be applied.

BootTops is an Empty Folder group without any layer inside.

Add a new layer to apply any Smart Material

BootTops.jpg

NewLayer.jpg

Folder.jpg

• Like 1

16.02.20 4.9.26 [beta]

- Save/Load layers with attached materials restored.

- Correct work of Strips in BaseBrush derivatives. "Stitches" brush as an example.

- The correct job of spline stroke, run brush along the curve with strips.

- Fixed problem of general symmetry and new brushing system.

- "On plane" constraints accessible in the Retopo room.

I very hope this build should be very close to stable.

• Like 3