3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

• Reputable Contributor
On 7/4/2020 at 1:31 PM, MorganNilsson said:

That color setting is gone in multiple places I've discovered now, it is also gone for lights in the render room.

I'm pretty sure the colour pickers in the shaders were still there when I installed the new version.
I distinctly remember changing colors on one of my shaders when using the new projector feature.
the pickers vanished only recently. I noticed something was odd, but I could not put my finger on it until you reported it.

I wonder, did you enable "show activity bar" in preferences > beta tools ?
Because that is one thing I did not do right away, only a few days ago, and I wonder if that could be when the pickers vanished.
disabling it does not bring back the pickers though.

//fixed

activity bar still disappears in 4.9.53 in paint room (haven't checked in other rooms)when e.g select fill, erase tool.

//fixed

• Thanks 1

Somehow i can't get rid of the problem with the activity bar disappearing when I switch tools in paint room ( 7.07.20 4.9.54).

I deleted options.xml in case something could change but it didn't work.

I always uninstall the previous version before I install the latest one, so I can't guess what might be wrong!

//fixed

• Advanced Member

Why would depth painting stop working on the Spline Paint Tool?  I've obviously got the Depth painting on and a % for the value - but for some reason it stopped writing to the normal map channel but only with the Spline Paint Tool - the normal paint brush works fine

I rebooted and installed .54 and that too doesn't work anymore on spline paint tool??

19 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi 

It runs under macOS 10.13 and under new macOS 10.15

Thanks

• Contributor

@Andrew Shpagin I don't know if it's possible of have the time but i hope you could the option to import a custom FBX frame like 02 etc to bypass t or a pose on characters because it can really help speed up workflows rather than having to hide verts all the time. I'd set my poses up with fingers wide,  legs apart, mouth open, eyes closed etc

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

-I dont think Shift-Smooth works with the Move brush

-GL version: After voxhide, objectify hidden and delete hidden; Res+ Brings back everything. I mean delete hidden does not work as intended. Switching to surface mode and back fixes the problem. Very annoying to me.

- Border options for VoxHide are not available anymore?

Edited by Koray
  • Thanks 1

• Contributor
On 7/2/2020 at 12:01 AM, popwfx said:

Is anyone having any problems with the Texture Baking Tool baking to external low poly meshes in this beta version?  I'm getting grey maps out of it.  Is this a bug?

It happens exporting displacement textures sometimes in general. Try switching the Displacement types to something else then back again. You may just need to restart 3DCoat if it's more or other textures.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
On 7/12/2020 at 8:51 AM, Koray said:

-I dont think Shift-Smooth works with the Move brush

-GL version: After voxhide, objectify hidden and delete hidden; Res+ Brings back everything. I mean delete hidden does not work as intended. Switching to surface mode and back fixes the problem. Very annoying to me.

- Border options for VoxHide are not available anymore?

I can confirm shift-smooth bugs out with the move brush.

Edited by nobackup
  • Like 1

I can confirm too that shift-smooth with the move brush is not working as expected.

To narrow the problem, shift-smooth works for me when "Voxelize immediately" is turned ON, but not when It's turned OFF.

To add some more info try to repro the following steps:

1) With  "Voxelize immediately" mode OFF make a "stroke" and try to Shift-smooth. Not working.

2) Switch to another brush (e.g grow) and immediately (no action) switch back to move brush with "Voxelize immediately" mode still OFF. Try Shift -smooth  IMMEDIATELY (not any other action), IT WORKS!

3) Now make something with move brush, try Shift-smooth, NOT WORKING AGAIN!

Crazy!!!

p.s: I Think that the strange behavior of shift-smooth with move  brush is somehow related with the  "Voxelize immediately" OFF mode.

Edited by geoath
false naming move as tool, instead of brush.

• Reputable Contributor

image.png.81cd910706a5a923d958e90fafab2472.png
Often 3dc gets stuck like this, it keeps spinning, I just have to close the process.

I think it happens when calculating curvature or occlusion with "separate objects" option.

Usually I save after baking, which prevents all such problems. sometimes I forget.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 8:51 AM, MorganNilsson said:

https://streamable.com/7x5zfn

Proxy(downgrade) mesh doesn't return to voxel mode if you actually edit the proxy. This is really unfortunate and quite annoying when working, hope it is a simple fix :)

Best regards
//Morgan

Thanks MorganNilson for reporting this! This is something I noticed too and I was trying to figure out If this was always like that! Very annoying indeed, hope it will be resolved soon :)

//fixed

3D Coat 4.9.54 on Mac - Can't add new volume to Root volume in Sculpt Tree sometimes

How to recreate:

1. Open 3D Coat, click 'Voxel Sculpting'

2. Select the scene with the smallest sphere

3. Go to the 'Sculpt Tree' (BTW Curves tree uses lower case 'tree', so it's inconsistent)

4. Click on the '+' icon to the right of the 'Root' volume  - nothing happens

5. Click on the '+' icon to the right of the 'VolumeXX' below the the Root volume -  nothing happens

6. Select the 'VolumeXX' go click the '+' on the lower bar of the 'Sculpt Tree', now a volume is added. 

It appears that some state is being kept which prevents the '+' next to the volume name from working each time.  

• Like 1

20.07.20 4.9.55 (stable)

- Correct job of Sketch tool, correct interaction of sketch with new curves.

- Correct move for move in voxel move when there is no immediate voxelization.

- Correct support of selected volumes during Sculpt booleans. 3D-Coat tries to keep selection unchanged whenever possible.

- I hope Activity finally fixed

And this is just 5% of what is done since last build, but everything else is not ready, so I exposed only stable part of changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

4.9.55 GL - Voxel Mode -  Downgrading voxel mesh [bug]

- Downgrading voxel mesh still doesn't return to voxel mode if you edit the proxy .

This behaviour starts to be really inconvenient. 

Even if  I manually (after restoring the downgraded volume) convert from surface to voxel, it boosts the triangle count much higher than it was in first place. This is a showstopper.

I mean,  the downgrade tool is for adjusting  "heavy" objects, and not having after this process  much "heavier" objects to continue.

//fixed