3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

The off-topic Interface sub-discussion has been moved to a separate topic. Feel free to continue the discussion there, thanks.

Interface discussion

This thread is for new releases and bug report. ;)

BUG/Error?  in 4.9.56 that I haven't seen before:

• I am in Paint Room - Multilayered object with many layers
  • Select Eraser tool
  • Select only to erase normals
  • Select normals layer and unlock it
  • Turn on Symmetry X Enabled
  • Choose the 3rd default fine gradient circle brush
  • Erase some normal displacement on half the face
  • Watch the cursor on the other side of the face move in symmetry
  • BUT NO ERASING on the other half of the face - despite fully symmetric face

Why doesn't normal erasing work for symmetry?

On 7/20/2020 at 3:58 AM, celer said:

Can't add new volume to Root volume in Sculpt Tree sometimes

Thanks for your detailed explanation! The problem is present on my Mac too but only in "Release" build of "3DCoat". For some reason buttons [+] works correctly in "Debug" build of "3DCoat". It will take some time to investigate the reason because the debugger is absent in "Release" configuration.

Is anyone else having issues with trying to create an AO layer and export them? I'm exporting with a character that has multiple UVs and started fresh(no other textures imported) It exports only a couple  UV/mats but with even/soft distribution of the  base character but not of the height map painted areas except for the head but is smooth AO not the rough dynamic height I painted.  This is for 8K resolution.   I've exported just fine in the past, selected layer 0 and exported everything but this time the areas I painted are pure white. Creating ao with different gama setting doesn't seem to create any difference.  Problems from V 4.9.53+

I forgot to mention that I'd have more than one Height layer to have more control so maybe AO is getting confused where to get the depth from to produce the AO?