3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 4.9 BETA testing thread

• Advanced Member
10 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Check TILING in the Preview Options panel

Okay, thanks i think i understand how it works, but still why it change size of tiling, position, preview window at switching materials and stencil? Is it bind to smart materials?

• Advanced Member

Noticed that these werent implemented since 4.8.40. Can we have improvements of the following?

1) pose tool to respect varying brush size of line based stroke modes(closed spline, vertex line...)

2) other draw tools (extrude, build....) to respect the varying depths of the line(closed spline, vertex line.......)

radiusForLine.thumb.jpg.f442ff2fb91cdf830a2eee7eefcc5c43.jpg

• Reputable Contributor
34 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Please could any1 please try if

Preferences > Theme > Show folders as buttons = off (on Smart Materials panels, as example)

is working ?

Thx

It's working in the sculpt room for Strips (can't check for smart materials, I don't know how to bring smart materials panel there)

In paint room it doesn't work. the same strips panel shows a dropdown menu instead, with that option activated.

• Reputable Contributor

problem with display mode is fixed, thanks!

However, there may be some related issues of the same type left.
There were some in the paint room too but I can't recall now and they might be fixed.

What is left for sure is this :
sculpt room
Drag and drop an image from outside
choose "add reference image"
adjust with the panel and click "close guides"

>reference image disappears until you navigate.

2 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

The only way to delete a strip seems to be by going to the folder containing it on your hard drive and deleting the file.
If you right click delete in strips panel, it just keeps coming back.

This only if you want to delete one of factory strips. Your personal strips deleted correctly.

5 hours ago, Silas Merlin said:

problem with display mode is fixed, thanks!

However, there may be some related issues of the same type left.
There were some in the paint room too but I can't recall now and they might be fixed.

What is left for sure is this :
sculpt room
Drag and drop an image from outside
choose "add reference image"
adjust with the panel and click "close guides"

>reference image disappears until you navigate.

Thanks for pointing. If you will find anything like this, please write there.

Issue: Slow move tool and unusable smooth brush.

System: ryzen5, 32gb ram, geforce 1660 super 6gb

Reproduce: ~2million tris in either vox or surface mode.  Any size of move tool has a pause; making for slow move tool based approaches which is critical to me.  Larger sized smooth brush is basically unusable while small brush size is perfect.  I have cuda turned on.

Desired state: A performing move tool would be great.

Comparison: Blender sculpt mode on the same machine with 8million tris has a perfectly smooth, non hesitating move tool and the smooth tool can be quite large with little to no delay.

• Advanced Member

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere.

I just downloaded the latest Mac beta 4.9.34, with some trepidation as Catalina was mentioned...and I'm assuming since it didn't launch on my system that Catalina is now a requirement.

Are there any plans to release builds that are compatible with previous Mac OSs? I'm pretty much locked, hardware and software-wise to High Sierrra 10.13 or maybe Mojave at a pinch.

I have a MacPro 5,1 12 core Xeon 3.06 GHz, 32 GB, Titan X 12 GB (metal compatible), so not a slow machine, and my 3D workhorse, but not officially able to install the latest OS (which would also kill a bunch of other software that I use).

Please save me! I'll miss all these new features (especially the happier Blender compatibility), and could be a long time off getting a new machine or building a Hackintosh.

• Advanced Member

I used "marge with ". but didn't be desired result.

umm... I'm sad.

I don't know why but.

my eyes are exhausted. I have some tension on my neck and shoulder.

3Dcoat makes me exhausted than other 3Dsoftware.:(

ketugo.gif

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, jene said:

I used "marge with ". but didn't be desired result.

umm... I'm sad.

I don't know why but.

my eyes are exhausted. I have some tension on my neck and shoulder.

3Dcoat makes me exhausted than other 3Dsoftware.:(

ketugo.gif

If I have problems with merging in Surface mode, I will usually switch to Voxel mode which always works properly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hammers said:

Catalina was mentioned...and I'm assuming since it didn't launch on my system that Catalina is now a requirement.

Hello! Please note that in the "3DCoat" Xcode project we have specified deployment target macOS 10.7. This means that "3DCoat" code itself should execute on the very old macOS. But "3DCoat" has been linked against third party dynamic libraries. Particularly Autodesk FBX, Intel MKL & TBB. Those libraries' requirements are not dependent from "3DCoat" Xcode project settings. For example, Intel MKL requires macOS 10.13 (MKL is used for retopo, uv unwrap, etc.). Most probably "3DCoat 4.9.34" doesn't run on your machine because it is not signed yet. We are currently sorting out the signing process. Please try the next upload.

Target macOS 10.7.jpg

• Advanced Member

13 hours ago, gbball said:

If I have problems with merging in Surface mode, I will usually switch to Voxel mode which always works properly.

hello, gbball.

OK, i try voxel mode marge.

4 hours ago, sprayer said:

Try to change background color like this

Make sure your monitor do not have PWM.
And maybe you are getting older? )

hello, sprayer.

umm...my monitor is old.  thank you for the color advice.

reply thank you !

• Advanced Member
7 hours ago, jene said:

umm...my monitor is old.  thank you for the color advice

maybe that's the reason, if it have PWM i advice to bring brightness at max 100 on monitor, and reduce brightness in video driver, it should turn off flickering from monitor lamps, but you will loose a bit color range. Cheers

• Advanced Member
17 hours ago, SERGYI said:

Intel MKL requires macOS 10.13 (MKL is used for retopo, uv unwrap, etc.). Most probably "3DCoat 4.9.34" doesn't run on your machine because it is not signed yet. We are currently sorting out the signing process. Please try the next upload.

Thanks Sergyi, I am running 10.13.6 so as long as that's the most recent requirement  hopefully all will be well. I was able to launch via security preferences to bypass the signing problem, I thought. But fingers crossed, I'll give the next build a try.

• Reputable Contributor

There is something wonky with hidden voxels, I can't put my finger on what is going wrong exactly.

The thing is, it makes it difficult to work with vox hide. I think if you remember to "delete hidden" before hiding something new you avoid problems.

But otherwise, when you unhide you find yourself with old voxels you thought were gone.
Objectify hidden also brings back unwanted voxels....

and yes I am with 4.9.35

OK I have a problem with the latest version. A client has sent me 3D scans with textures to clean up but the textures aren't loading in Surface mode. Usually I just turn on "Import w/o Voxelization" and that solves it. But now I just get a solid shader color. I've tried the original OBJs they sent and also tried converting that to an LWO first.

• Reputable Contributor
11 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

OK I have a problem with the latest version. A client has sent me 3D scans with textures to clean up but the textures aren't loading in Surface mode. Usually I just turn on "Import w/o Voxelization" and that solves it. But now I just get a solid shader color. I've tried the original OBJs they sent and also tried converting that to an LWO first.

Try using it with 4.9.05 (right before the Refactoring work).

• Reputable Contributor
20 minutes ago, philnolan3d said:

No luck with 4.9.05. I'll try going further back.

Are the texture maps and the .mtl file in the same folder as the mesh file? That is odd. I seemed to have a similar problem several months ago, but I was just making sure that my VoxTree layer was in Surface mode. Once I checked the "Import w/o Voxelization" option in the Tool Options panel, it started working.

Test a different mesh file and see if that helps. It might be a messed up .mtl file or something.