3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3DCoat 4.9 testing thread

12 hours ago, carrots said:

Thank you for message!
Yes, this error appeared in version 4.9.07 and will be fixed in the next update.
Now you can overwrite these files in the folder where you installed 3DCoat, and writing to the file will work again
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://drive.google.com/open?id%3D1WIBsLjKVFX46n1ewIVMIvbuNHIj229b1&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1573065649213000&usg=AFQjCNEy-D8HmFrVydTi5n5rKrXJZzpEUQ

By default, you need to copy these files to the folder:
‪C:\Program Files\3DCoat-V4.9.07

Thanks, that solved my problem.

• Like 1

Hi. I noticed a problem creating new material. When I want to add a new layer of material, I don't see any option buttons. I can't create material from multiple layers. Is this just my problem. Did I not read something after the changes? Please help. Best regards.

problem3DCoat.jpg

Edited by wlokaz

@wlokaz Bug Confirmed: no add layer

On some old smart materials: Preview Option > Select from camera make Preview disappear.

//edited

19 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

@wlokaz  Bug Confirmed

W przypadku niektórych starych inteligentnych materiałów: Opcja podglądu> Wybierz z aparatu, aby Podgląd zniknął.

Maybe I did not express myself well. The point is that there is no "Add layer" when creating content. In 4.9.05 it is - as in the attached picture. I don't see another "Add layer" option in 4.9.07

problem3DCoat2.jpg

problem3DCoat3.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yoohasz said:

Wow! Thanks for the quick response as a token of my appreciation here is my printscreen of the awesome SSS that the 3Dcoat renderer produces, that is why it's important to have it working (for me at least).

image.thumb.png.c325e93a4e099a5c74d08686c72abea9.png

That looks really great. :)

• Like 1

I was just noticing those options missing on a bunch of tools where I expected to see them.

I hope  Tweak room is refurbished as soon as possible.  it has many issue.

or, I hope they make a new room instead of Tweak room.

I heard that Tweak room is removed on Mantis .

dear developers of 3D-coat,  development thank you .

7 hours ago, animk said:

Ver 4.9.07, center pivot is missing in transform tool

I've not been trying .07, ( currently on .02, which I find quite reliable for my purposes.)

But every once in a while the centre cube in the gizmo disappears for me also, I usually just shut down the software and restart and it magically reappears.

3 minutes ago, stusutcliffe said:

I've not been trying .07, ( currently on .02, which I find quite reliable for my purposes.)

But every once in a while the centre cube in the gizmo disappears for me also, I usually just shut down the software and restart and it magically reappears.

It doesn't appear in .06 or .07,  but it appears .05.

In .07 I've been having trouble with Transform and Undo. I'm working on a project and posting WIP renders. For some of those renders I'll use Transform to move parts around. Undo is not putting them back to the way before.

So I'll have a project with multiple VoxTree layers, Voxel mode. Move one of the layers with Transform, go to render room and take a few screenshots. Back to sculpt room and hit Ctrl+Z.

0.7,  alt Left click on ghost icon to isolate voxel layer,  saving the file turns off ghost mode for all ghosted layers .

Using hotkeys on To Global space/to uniform space  multi selects voxel layers if cursor places on the other object in 3d viewport.

Edited by animk

8.11.2019 4.9.08 [beta]

- Freeze menu in voxel mode performs correctly - expand/smooth, invert...

- Fixed problem with saving render result

- Select edge loop with SHIFT, unselect with CTRL SHIFT become more intuitive. Try different conbinations. There are a lot of intuitive combo-s.

- Speedup of many laggy operations, especially in Undo, Empy UI switch, scene loading etc.

- Booleans in curves allowed by drag&drop

- a lot of critical bugs fixed.

Just for clarification where we go:

The tweak room will be removed. Instead, all paint and retopo objects will be editable in sculpt room. There will be branches "Paint objects" and "Retopo objects" in VoxTree.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, animk said:

0.7,  alt Left click on ghost icon to isolate voxel layer,  saving the file turns off ghost mode for all ghosted layers .

Using hotkeys on To Global space/to uniform space  multi selects voxel layers if cursor places on the other object in 3d viewport.

This has been happening to me all the time for quite a few releases now. Any ghosted volume becomes unghosted every time the file is saved or autosaved.

4.9.08 DX/GL

Still heavy corruption when using cutoff tool with Softbooleans,I'm not sure if it was under the critical fixes that were adressed so I'm reporting. :)

image.thumb.png.a50bbed3b04beee98496ab610ba9f3f5.png

3 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

The tweak room will be removed. Instead, all paint and retopo objects will be editable in sculpt room. There will be branches "Paint objects" and "Retopo objects" in VoxTree.

Sounds great, just for clarity will we be able to work step up and down through subdivision levels on retopo objects?  This would be great!

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to implement Modifiers (non destructive processes)? Among the various modifiers, including, if possible, Multi-Resolution?
Because if not, that way you asked, (Subdivision levels on retopo objects) you would miss the opportunity to also sculpt on this same object and Paint.
Sorry if I got something wrong.

Another very important thing, another workflow (parallel to what exists, without change anything) objects accept UVs even when they are sculpted or painted and the possibility of using displacement map on these objects to be deformed as needed (perhaps a displacement modifier?)

Just thoughts ...
In previous posts I've talked in more detail!

9 hours ago, lesaint said:

This has been happening to me all the time for quite a few releases now. Any ghosted volume becomes unghosted every time the file is saved or autosaved.

Yeah I was just noticing the unghosting myself and was trying to figure out what I did to cause it so I could report it but I guess I didn't do anything if auto-save is causing it.

Err.... Is the Edge Loops tool working for you guys ?
in 4.9.08 it's become the same as Mark Seams.... one at a time
shift/alt/ctrl don't do anything

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, philnolan3d said:

Yeah I was just noticing the unghosting myself and was trying to figure out what I did to cause it so I could report it but I guess I didn't do anything if auto-save is causing it.

Manually saving does, too.

13 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

8.11.2019 4.9.08 [beta]

- Freeze menu in voxel mode performs correctly - expand/smooth, invert...

- Fixed problem with saving render result

- Select edge loop with SHIFT, unselect with CTRL SHIFT become more intuitive. Try different conbinations. There are a lot of intuitive combo-s.

- Speedup of many laggy operations, especially in Undo, Empy UI switch, scene loading etc.

- Booleans in curves allowed by drag&drop

- a lot of critical bugs fixed.

That sounds best, to me. Not having an updated Transform Gizmo and ability to move the pivot point, etc. made it hard to work in the Tweak Room...not to mention the performance lag at times.