3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Black screen and freezing with in 5 minutes

Hey there,

Please help! 3DCoat gives me a black screen and locks up my computer usually within 5 minutes of painting. When this happens my computer is still on however, not responsive. The monitors lose its signal and the power button, keyboard, and mouse are not responsive. I have to disconnect the power cable from the computer and reboot to resume functionality.

I would say, it may be my project file but the issue occurs even with a clean new project containing one mesh and one layer of paint. Within 5 minutes, computer locks up.

None the less, here are my project details to hopefully help troubleshoot: 13 paint layers, one of which was projected. I'm working with 3 objects that have 4k textures each. The total poly count for all objects is 708k. I have zero lag during viewpoint navigation and painting. My computer seems not strain before it crashes.

To troubleshoot I've tried these versions of 3DCoat yet I still get the black screen:

3DCoat-V4.8.40(GL64)

3DCoat-V4.8.40(DX64)

3DCoat-V4.9.02(GL64)

3DCoat-V4.9.02(DX64)

3DCoat-V4.9.03(GL64)

3DCoat-V4.9.03(DX64)

I'm running the latest update for Windows 10, version 1903.

Here are my hardware specs:

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X 3.5 GHz 16-Core Processor

64GB RAM G.SKILL

GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition

2 1TB M.2 Samsung 970 PRO Series

X399 MSI Extended-ATX Motherboard

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Black screen and freezing with in 5 minutes