3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Cant use SPACE in layer names ?

Innovine

• Advanced Member

I just wasted an hour trying to find out why my retopo bakes were not coming out in the paint room. I finally discovered that if you have the Name Correspondance turned on, but you have spaces in the names of the layers, then 3d coat only corresponds using the first word in the layer name. In my case, I had multiple layers beginning with the same word, and this caused overwriting of the layers(?).

Edited by Innovine

• Advanced Member

Of course it can be fixed. Pilgway should use a proper string compare function, not some embarrassing home made junk that stops at a space.

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/string/string/compare/

I haven't seen anything requiring me to replace spaces with underscores since MS DOS.

How do I open a bug on this, what is the bug reporting process?

Edited by Innovine

On Linux builds,  3DCoat use the first word in the layer name, is OS limitation. And as the construction is the same for all OS, you request it is not possible, sorry.

Anyway feel free to send any support-related questions, feature requests at

support@3dcoat.com

Thx

• Advanced Member

Is not OS limitation. Is 3d coat bad programming limitation. Has nothing to do with OS (linux fully supports long filenames with spaces). What makes you think the filename has anything to do with the layer name?

Also, you mention the email is for support question and feature requests... do they not want bug reports? That would explain some things.

Edited by Innovine

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Cant use SPACE in layer names ?