3DCoat Forums

Pink Edges everywhere & Seams not working anymore ?

Shrike

Hey

So apparently there was a Steam update

When unwrapping all my edges are full of these Pink lines and they hide my edge seams, making it very confusing and tedious to unwrap as I just click by guess.

How do I disable those?

Edited by Shrike

do I understand this right that showing cuts is gone and this replaces that?

Is 3D coat now automatically making UV seams sharp? It seems like any cut I make automatically gives a pink line

If that is the new way, then there should be a button to remove all sharp edges, like you can clear all seams and one to set sharp edges to UV seams, like it is possible in the import settings. 

Edited by Shrike

• 2 weeks later...

I am encountering the same problem since last update :(
I am trying anything that I can, to disable those pink edges, since they make it extremely difficult to know where I am cutting the seams and where I am not cutting... 
Can someone please help me, how to disable this for good? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Pink Edges everywhere & Seams not working anymore?
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Regression] Pink Edges everywhere & Seams not working anymore ?
  • 4 months later...

Is the clear sharp in Retopo only? I don't use retopo. There really needs to be a clear sharp in the UV room. Unwrapping is impossible if the model is fairly complex. 

I am using an old version of 3dcoat to unwrap the models and then opening the saved file again in the latest version so I can carry on working.

Many thanks

• Carlosan changed the title to Pink Edges everywhere & Seams not working anymore ?

Hi Pickers, thanks for the reply.  I tried the retopo room trick but when I go back to the UV room, there is still sharp edges. Also, the paint room uvs now don't match the retopo room uvs.

I don't use or need the retopo room and these extra steps and hoops to clear sharp edges in the UV room seems like a workflow regression in a package that deals with uv mapping.

Older versions didn't place sharp edges automatically on importing from blender.

It was the great uv room unwrapping that made me pick 3dcoat over substance painter as it reduced workflow steps. Now I am unwrapping in blender again so the advantage of 3dcoat over substance is gone.

Basically, the UV room just needs a delete sharp option. Or at least let the edge loop ignore the sharp edges so I don't have to select hundreds of edges one by one when making seams.

Sorry for the rant.