3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 4.9 bug? Several tools just make rectangular "buttons" instead of their old effect?

tannim

I bought 3D Coat on steam after using the 4.8 trial, which I downloaded from 3D Coat's website.  I uninstalled the trial before installing the steam paid version.

After launching after the 4.9 update, using the Open GL 64 bit version on windows 10 64bit, for the first time after the update, the tools do not work correctly.

They seemed to, at first.  I made a new voxel sphere and the grow tool did normal things, then I clicked the Cut Off tool and it cut a hole through the center, as normal, but now I can't do much of anything anymore because I can't rotate the screen with most tools, I can't do anything with most tools except draw a green rectangle that makes a "button" out of the material anywhere on the 3D area.  Some tools do work, the useful ones do not.  I closed it down and re-launched. Still happens.

For example I make a new voxel sphere. I click Smudge and then I click anywhere in the 3d window.  The same green rectangle area select box comes up and when I drag and let go, I get a rectangular "button" of whatever material I am using where the green box was drawn

I click pinch and the same thing.

I click grow and the same thing.

I click scrape and the same thing.

There is a window with Tool Options - Border. I can select a few different border styles. I do not know what tool is locked on and I cannot get rid of it. I cannot use the program like this. I closed it down and re-loaded with non Open GL version and still it is stuck on this same broken tool.

3DCoatButtonProblem.jpg

Hello 

Point the cursor onto “Type of drawing” menu or press E-key to see 15 drawing modes available. The first five modes (marked with yellow rectangle) are Pen Modes and are used with graphic tablets. Most of them are self-explanatory::

E-panel.jpg

Change pen width and depth depending on pen pressure applied while drawing.

Change depth only. When drawing lines, width remains the same, however depth differs.

Alter pen radius, depth and opacity depending on pen pressure.

Droplet mode. Increasing pressure decreases radius and grows depth and opacity.

Same width and depth regardless of pen pressure applied.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 4.9 bug? Several tools just make rectangular "buttons" instead of their old effect?