3DCoat Forums

Old touch screen problems

I recently got a pre-owned convertible laptop. It has a touch screen, so I thought I'd try using 3D Coat with it, but it recognises all my presses on the screen, with my finger or a pen (the capacitive type, not the active pen type from newer things) as gestures, and just rotates the view. Is there any way to make it recognise when I'm pressing the model and brush like it's supposed to, or failing that, not recognise the input as being tablet-based and treat it like a mouse click? I can't do anything with it behaving this way.

Hi, hope this help 

There are a number of windows touch related registry settings at USERS/S 1 5 21/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WISP/TOUCH

regKey PanningDisabled set to 1 and reboot result in being able to touch the model and draw strokes.

13 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Hi, hope this help 

There are a number of windows touch related registry settings at USERS/S 1 5 21/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WISP/TOUCH

regKey PanningDisabled set to 1 and reboot result in being able to touch the model and draw strokes.

Unfortunately, I don't see that one. It only has, in that location, Bouncing, Friction, Intertia, And TouchModeN _hold,_DtapDist, _DtapTime,_HoldTime_Animation, _HoldTime_BeforeAnimation,  and TouchUI.

On 4/10/2018 at 2:13 PM, SERGYI said:

"WinTab" library doesn't work correctly under "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" regardless of tablet model. That is why we have added selection between "WinTab" and "TabletPC". The last one doesn't support gestures but in time we will implement gestures support in "TabletPC" mode similar to "WinTab" mode. For now under "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update" please enable "Edit > Preferences > Tablet Library > TabletPC".

No such luck. I'd already tried those, and not had a problem with the screen failing to rotate. Updating the drivers didn't appear to make a difference, either. I suspect it's in the way 3D Coat is handling the touch input; it seems to assume any input from the touch screen would be to rotate, zoom, etc, and expects a pen to brush, at a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Personally we do not have Lenovo Yoga 3. But we have Surface Pro 2017. Here is a video on how "3DCoat 4.9.05" works on it:
http://pilgway.com/~sergyi/Video/3DCoat-4.9.05-Gestures.mov
As you can see camera moves only from fingers. Strokes appear only from pen. You have mentioned that gestures work for you. But mouse and pen do not work. Please try our standalone test:
http://pilgway.com/~sergyi/TestStroke/TestStroke.zip
Report results from that test directly to me "support DOT linux AT 3dcoat.com".