3D Coat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
houGenie

Pinch Tool works not clean

Hello 3d Coat community,

I started to use 3d Coat again and I am working on a a project of mine now. May I say, that I love it! It is really cool and powerful.

Sometimes I discover so problems with the brushes. The pinch brush works not really clean when used with a curve (manual strokes are better). Look at the picture at the bottom. You see the pinch is not uniform at all. Spacing is deactivated on the brush (setting to zero, does not solve the problem). Can someone help me, please? I have a feeling, that this problem does not occur only with the pinch brush but with all brushes which work inconsistently. Hope someone has an idea.

fuzzy.png

You are right, The pinch brush works not really clean when used with a curve.

I am reporting this issue as bug.

Thx for point it up.

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.d1a2fb9c7ee57fc829d785f1d071afc4.png

It seems that is not a pinch problem, but how the brushes work. Here an example of the build brush. Although no spacing is used, you clearly see the alpha (a square). And there is no possibility to make it continues, even with spacing set to 1%.

Try this settings please

Build.jpg

3 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Try this settings please

Build.jpg

Yes, if you activate spacing and enter a small value, it works good enough. Unfortunately the pinch tool works not clean whichever value you enter for spacing. But nonetheless thank you!