3DCoat Forums

[Solved] UV unwrap ABF / GU / LCSM / Planar kills 3DCoat

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In "3DCoat 4.9.42A" for macOS (http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.42A.dmg) steps "Paint UV Mapped Mesh > select any model > room UV > click any island in UV Preview > buttons To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar" work identical to "3DCoat" under Windows. Old builds of "3DCoat" crashed because of problems in linking with MKL. But now the buttons "To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar" should work. If they do not then try to rename the user data folder "Finder > Go > Home > 3D-CoatV49" into something like "----3D-CoatV49". Then start "3DCoat 4.9.42A" and perform the steps above.

To GU.jpg

On 5/8/2020 at 4:42 AM, MaxHancock said:

it is still crashing for me.

Hello! It turned out that actions To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar crashed "3DCoat" under older macOS 10.13 (but they worked under new macOS 10.15). This was because MKL required an additional dynamic library under macOS 10.13 (it was not required under new macOS 10.15). I have uploaded new build http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.42C.dmg in which buttons To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar should work under older macOS 10.13 and new macOS 10.15.

To ABF 10.13 Sphere.jpg

• Thanks 1

I tried v4.9.42C.dmg on MacOS Mojave, v10.14.6.  Sorry Sergyi, sad to report that it's still crashing by pressing one of those buttons.  I also tried your previous instructions with this version, by renaming the home folder to "----3D-CoatV49". but it still crashes. 

Let me know if there's something else I can try.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SERGYI said:

Hello! Function "To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar" should be finally fixed in this build:
http://www.pilgway.com/~sergyi/3DCoat/3DCoat-4.9.49D.dmg
Please report the result.

Sorry Sergyi,  it is still crashing... or instant quitting the moment I press one of those buttons.  I don't get a crash message, it just drops the app instantly. I can make a video to show you if you like.  I'm still using the same MacOS and on the same computer.  

3 hours ago, MaxHancock said:

it is still crashing

Please run Terminal and enter:
% /Applications/3DCoat-4.9.49D/3DCoat.app/Contents/MacOS/3DCoat
This directly runs the "3DCoat" executable file (do not use the command "open" because it silences debug output which we need currently). Select the PPP model and in the UV room select any cluster and click any button from "To ABF/GU/LSCM/Planar". Please take a screenshot with Terminal output and send it to me "sergkryzh AT gmail DOT com".

7 hours ago, SERGYI said:

% /Applications/3DCoat-4.9.49D/3DCoat.app/Contents/MacOS/3DCoat

In the terminal, I entered this and hit return.  It didn't open 3DCoat... instead it returned this message in the terminal: " -bash: fg: %: no such job."  I looked in the 3DCoat-4.9.49D folder and there isn't a Contents folder.  

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] UV unwrap ABF / GU / LCSM / Planar kills 3DCoat