3DCoat Forums

Tinker's sketchbook

Tinker

As for UV, i did it in "UVlayout" program, unfolded manualy and then auto pack it. As for me i dont think its so bad :) Yep, there much unused space, but model has many tricky shapes, hard to cut for compact pack.

I really like UVlayout myself. I'm curious about how you incorporated it into your workflow here. Is it possible to export the retopo, UV map with UVlayout, then import it back in and still collect the details of the voxel sculpt? Is that what you did? Or did you do the detailing while texturing?

• Contributor
I really like UVlayout myself. I'm curious about how you incorporated it into your workflow here. Is it possible to export the retopo, UV map with UVlayout, then import it back in and still collect the details of the voxel sculpt? Is that what you did? Or did you do the detailing while texturing?

Yes :). Export/import in Retopo, then bake.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Tinker, thanks for showing us both your great work and your workflow! I have just bought C4D about week ago, so that 3DC/C4D combination was great to see. Thanks also to you guys who talked about the CUDA improvements. I have an aging 7600 GS, which has been fine for my Photoshop CS4 needs, but I don't play games at all so I've wondered if it made any sense for me to get a really fast GPU, and it now seems that will pay off in 3DC, as I've often felt voxel sculpting was sluggish.

красиво) чуть-чуть грязьки разве что не хватает, имхо естественно.

карту спекуляра показать можешь?

п.с. ну может еще масла пятнышки)))))

п.с.2 любопытный плаг)спасибо за инфу.

• Contributor

Спасибо. Угу грязь не сделал. Тут было много возни с самим "техпроцессом" переноса, но главное освоил, в следующий раз все будет ок :)

Кстати сейчас очень удобно стало рисовать протертые ребра на спекуляре, если выставить подходящие параметры less on cavity.

post-1407-1252846120_thumb.jpg