3DCoat Forums

Tinker's sketchbook

Tinker

• Advanced Member

Great job on the hard surface weaopn Tinker - also a good sell on using unity3D engine - I definitly want to get myself a copy now. How much fiddling did you have tos do int Unity to do get the turn around working - I assume they have some simple templates ?

Anyway I will get onto thier forum and look at thier Q&A for noobs :)

• Advanced Member

Oh yeah, neat idea too with the Unity turnaround. I should try that. Which version of unity did you use? Do you need the pro version to have all the normal map support or can my indy license cover that? I haven't done any finished art stuff in it yet - just simple game prototyping.

• Contributor

Jake_H, yep there many code snippets on their forum (like drag-rotate code i used in viewer) and some templates shiped with program. As for engine itself it is quite easy to learn.

JamesE, i used trial-pro (they give trial-pro key if you ask them on e-mail), but you really dont need pro for normal maps. You just have to edit base shader a little to add specular map support instead of specular value. You can make your own shader of couse.

P.S. Don't forget to invert green chanel of normal map, exported from 3D-Coat.

• Advanced Member
Jake_H, yep there many code snippets on their forum (like drag-rotate code i used in viewer) and some templates shiped with program. As for engine itself it is quite easy to learn.

JamesE, i used trial-pro (they give trial-pro key if you ask them on e-mail), but you really dont need pro for normal maps. You just have to edit base shader a little to add specular map support instead of specular value. You can make your own shader of couse.

P.S. Don't forget to invert green chanel of normal map, exported from 3D-Coat.

Cool! Thanks for the advice.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Contributor

Hi.

Check one of greebled backgrounds im working on now.

It made with "merge" command most, spend about 12 hours on it. Is almost ready. It rotates quite smooth on gtx275.

It is static background, so this model intended for static external render. Hope you like it :)

post-1407-12809275921938_thumb.png

• Contributor

Hi.

Check one of greebled backgrounds im working on now.

It made with "merge" command most, spend about 12 hours on it. Is almost ready. It rotates quite smooth on gtx275.

It is static background, so this model intended for static external render. Hope you like it :)

post-1407-12809275921938_thumb.png

Awesome use of voxels,all parts flow nicely,nothing is too clogged or too bare.

Very nice! :)

Thank you :)

Test render, will be used as lightmap. This background is static, but will be used in conjunction with normal, spec and light maps, to display the highlights in real time from moving light sources.

post-1407-12809386107785_thumb.png

How did you exported it? Directly from voxel room?

• Contributor

Thank you :)

This is render with materials (final?). I'd like to add textures, but these objects do not have texture coordinates. Im afraid matte painting is only variant, maybe I'll do it when all the backdrops will be ready.

post-1407-12810219167915_thumb.png

• 1 month later...