3DCoat Forums
Tinker

Tinker's sketchbook

Thanks! yes, no biomechanic at all, its more like headcrab from hl :) i didnt expect it, 3D-Coat guided me to it, with its tools :)

New creature. Its still WIP. Doom3 looking :)

Its spine preapeired for instal some implants. Some tubes made in C4d, droped on voxel field :)

Maybe armor

Front view. Not very detailed:

Not very detailed? LOL!

Seriously, I would love to see some more of your workflow on this. It's really fantastic work. And this is a preliminary stage of sculpting for you? Very nice indeed!

-Oliver

Some really nice Spulpts Tinker !

I also like the texture on the Hornet like Creature, comes pretty nice :).

Markus

Hi! Im back and working now on new model, started some days ago. Its far from complete but hope you like it :)

post-1407-1247700752_thumb.jpg

lol, you know the first thing I thought when I saw this..."Whoa, how on Earth..."

very nice :drinks:

Nice combination Hard and soft. Good work. 3D Coat really does lend itself to both Hard edge and organic very nicely.

- leigh

Hi! Im back and working now on new model, started some days ago. Its far from complete but hope you like it :)

post-1407-1247700752_thumb.jpg

Yes, this one looks really cool. Hope you will finish him completely. :)

I like the "killerbug" in the upper part, too.

@artman: True, hard to believe, this all is in 3DC. Begin to be in doubt... :blink:

To be honor, at the same time i have C4D open, making there greebles, very simple hard edged details. Then adding them to voxel stamps folder and using to cut and add to model. I discovered true power of boolean operations. Thing, that in classical 3d all skilled users avoid, flourish in voxel scene :)

You can easy use any 3d program for greebles, like Blender or Silo, all you need - only basic 3d functions, like extrude and vertexes move.

It would be great to have them directly in 3D-Coat of couse..

Thing, that in classical 3d all skilled users avoid, flourish in voxel scene :)

well said. :good:

Davros on acid with big guns!! Really crisp. Again nice work.

To be honor, at the same time i have C4D open, making there greebles, very simple hard edged details. Then adding them to voxel stamps folder and using to cut and add to model. I discovered true power of boolean operations. Thing, that in classical 3d all skilled users avoid, flourish in voxel scene :)

You can easy use any 3d program for greebles, like Blender or Silo, all you need - only basic 3d functions, like extrude and vertexes move.

Wicked idea, yes that will work wonders with voxel volumes what a wonderful approach. I said it b4 I'll say it again 3D Coat requires a different approach, and here is some of the proof pudding!! nice

Really interesting. Yes, slowly new workflows appears. I am interested, which kind of workflows will come in the future in combination with voxels and other current tools. :)

Amazing design. That is one of my favourite sculpts I have seen in this forum. I hope you have time to finish this sculpt.

Update:

post-1407-1247801086_thumb.jpg

Great work. When do you begin with the textures? :)

Do you use a reference illustration for the model?

Thank you! Im happy you like it :)

Some work on bottom and back left and than topology and texturing.

I didnt use any reference images, just invented it on the go. Love 3D-Coat's freedom to make spontaneous designs.

Tinker very,very good)

клево, такой интересный объект/субъект)

I use C4D as well but aside from that it would be extemely helpful and I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would really appreciate some kind of pictorial or video step by step on this if possible. I understand the basics here but it would be nice to see the actual workflow on this and I think would be very helpful to many of us that are having a hard time getting past the lumpy sculpt stage into doing something like this with a lot of very smooth curves and detail. Did you merge a model into voxel sculpt at all or was it all using voxel sculpt and stamps.

I use C4D as well but aside from that it would be extemely helpful and I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would really appreciate some kind of pictorial or video step by step on this if possible. I understand the basics here but it would be nice to see the actual workflow on this and I think would be very helpful to many of us that are having a hard time getting past the lumpy sculpt stage into doing something like this with a lot of very smooth curves and detail. Did you merge a model into voxel sculpt at all or was it all using voxel sculpt and stamps.

He said he made a model in a 3d package and then imported it to voxels. In other words you can use Boolean operations in voxel mode and get very nice results from them. It's a very smart thing he thought of.

So he does this for the inorganic parts and then grabs probably his copy brush to extend a small organic piece from the inorganic parts. I'm totally speculating.

Ok :) let me show you my workflow steps:

post-1407-1247856990_thumb.jpg

As you can see, i cheated a little :) And you can also see why 3D-Coat definitly need subdivs with edge creasing.

Ok :) let me show you my workflow steps:

post-1407-1247856990_thumb.jpg

As you can see, i cheated a little :) And you can also see why 3D-Coat definitly need subdivs with edge creasing.

cheating = brilliant :clapping: