3DCoat Forums
Tinker

Tinker's sketchbook

Good show!

Quoting "3D-Coat definitly need subdivs with edge creasing'" - I think I would prefer to keep that area of mesh modelling process outside 3D Coat for precision.

[Edit] - But thats only my opinion, Dont let that distract from the beautiful model!

Ok :) let me show you my workflow steps:

post-1407-1247856990_thumb.jpg

As you can see, i cheated a little :) And you can also see why 3D-Coat definitly need subdivs with edge creasing.

Really nice Tinker. I notice the detail is not in step 4 but in Step 5 & 6, so are the details you're getting in steps 5 & 6 saved as displacement map? You aren't retopologizing the model after step 6 are you?

Thank you so much for showing your work flow, this will be immensely helpful. I have the same question as Paintguy, is your final model a voxel render or have you projected your voxel sculpt as a displacement down onto your original retopo and is this even possible, I'm guessing you would have to retopo again given the fact that you would lose some of the angles of the details since displacement can only take you so far.

Im going to make exact new retopo, and bake normal map, than make texture.

Btw, Woohoo! I just replaced my old laggy 7600GT with new shiny GTX 275.

Fantastic performance! This model barely rotated half hidden now just flying. I didnt try CUDA yet, but going to check it out :)

Fantastic performance! This model barely rotated half hidden now just flying. I didnt try CUDA yet, but going to check it out :)

Yes High spec consumer cards do work nicely I have 275 in my office system and a 295 on my home system, and although I get got far less ram on my home system the 295 makes 3d coat fly. I used to own a quadro 4000 and felt completely cheated by its performance to value ratio, so its consumer all the way for me from now on!! 10th the price, it makes sense!!

CUDA is like "heaven on earth" in 3DC! Believe me, you will not trust your eyes! :)

And thank you for the workflow example. This is a really useful tip!

Ok, im guilty played "Dead Space" on new hardware instead of modeling yesterday :)

As for model, i think i have finished with sculpting now:

post-1407-1247983846_thumb.jpg

Retopo and texturing ahead.

Ok, im guilty played "Dead Space" on new hardware instead of modeling yesterday :)

As for model, i think i have finished with sculpting now:

post-1407-1247983846_thumb.jpg

Retopo and texturing ahead.

Really nice! I am curious to see the texture workflow. :)

Topo nearly finished, but problem with difficult of access places. Realy need tool to hide parts of topology. Work slow down significantly.

Btw, is there a way to remove that blue isolated vertexes?

post-1407-1248243931_thumb.jpg

P.S. Export-import mesh works not good. Some vertexes are on differen place after it, even after just re-import without edit.

Hover over it until they highlighted and press DEL. (Thx to Akira) :good:

Topo nearly finished, but problem with difficult of access places. Realy need tool to hide parts of topology. Work slow down significantly.

post-1407-1248243931_thumb.jpg

P.S. Export-import mesh works not good. Some vertexes are on differen place after it, even after just re-import without edit.

This is one important reason to use different layers for single objects. A good schedule is very important, as alway for complex models. ;)

I am curious.

Hover over it until they highlighted and press DEL. (Thx to Akira) :good:

Woohoo thay gone! Thank you :) And thanks to Akira :)

This is one important reason to use different layers for single objects. A good schedule is very important, as alway for complex models. wink.gif

I have in voxels hands separated from the body, but wish i could do it with topology too, or just hide them.

Woohoo thay gone! Thank you :) And thanks to Akira :)

I have in voxels hands separated from the body, but wish i could do it with topology too, or just hide them.

Yes, that would be really helpful. It is time for "Retopo-Layers..."

Export-import mesh works not good. Some vertexes are on different place after it, even after just re-import without edit.

Toggle voxel layer visibility off when importing in retopo.(make it visible again after you've pressed enter)

Nice trick! Thank you :)

Fixed some problem places. Now i can emulate hide throu cutting mesh apart in C4D, spending some additional time on it, but i can do it now :)

Topo, UVs and baking done.

post-1407-1248327957_thumb.jpg

post-1407-1248327950_thumb.jpg

7048 triangles, 2048x2048 normal and occlusion map.

yep, there are some little distortions, i think it will be ok after texturing.

Btw, 3D-Coat normal baking tool great! Nice normal map out of the box. No need of photoshop and bluring.

I think i finished texturing:

post-1407-1248534641_thumb.jpg

post-1407-1248535192_thumb.jpg

7048 triangles

2048x2048 normal, texture+occlusion and specular maps.

Some animations left and ready to use in any 3d engine (i did it for Unity3D engine im playing now with)

ИМХО по скринам текстура выглядит монохромно и грязновато :pardon: , возможно это из-за АО... + можно было бы добавить деталей на текстуре :)

со стороны конечно виднее, но мне не нравятся яркие и чистые текстуры (аля варкрафт). Пятна и приглушенные цвета сделаны специально :)