3DCoat Forums
Tinker

Tinker's sketchbook

мне тоже не нравятся яркие и чистые текстуры... но я говорил про другое :)

PS на всяк случай... я не навязываю свое мнение, ты автор и тебе виднее :)

Very nice work. It's very nice to see the progress of this sculpt. You can see that you have worked many hours with this model and now it starts to pay off. Congralulation!

I think i finished texturing:

post-1407-1248534641_thumb.jpg

post-1407-1248535192_thumb.jpg

7048 triangles

2048x2048 normal, texture+occlusion and specular maps.

Some animations left and ready to use in any 3d engine (i did it for Unity3D engine im playing now with)

Not much to say. I like the dark, end of time like style. :good:

Tinker very nice!!!!

мне нравится, очень красиво. чувствуется опыт автора.

Tinker I think you should be the first to grace the "Finshed Work" thread dont you all?

Great work.

this version is on vitamins :o the details and colour scheme really pop (stand out).

Nice work indeed! :)

he posted his uv sheet a few page before dude.... :)

yeah I saw it and thats what I was refering to when I said it looks a little messy, its not evident on the model though so its still a very good job

Little texture improvements as -Shadow- advised.

post-1407-1248878258_thumb.jpg

изменения хоть и не значительные, но текстура и модель стала выглядеть значительно лучше и живее :good:

Thank you :) im happy you like it.

As for UV, i did it in "UVlayout" program, unfolded manualy and then auto pack it. As for me i dont think its so bad :) Yep, there much unused space, but model has many tricky shapes, hard to cut for compact pack.

post-1407-1248893043_thumb.jpg

Now i found much more efficient workflow than i used.

Its better to add greebles on texturing stage, not while sculpting. Voxel greebles make unwrap difficult bcos of detailled topology. On texturing stage its easy and effective to add greebles directly on flat surface. Time saving, and can be colored and with specularity.

post-1407-1248893369_thumb.jpg

I did this greebles in C4D than imported as a brush. 3D-Coat build dispacement channel, than i edited brush in PS, added color and spec. I placed it with single click on model with "stamp" tool :)

Next time im planing save much time with this workflow.

Great looking work there! I love the texture work.

As for UV, i did it in "UVlayout" program, unfolded manualy and then auto pack it. As for me i dont think its so bad :) Yep, there much unused space, but model has many tricky shapes, hard to cut for compact pack.

I really like UVlayout myself. I'm curious about how you incorporated it into your workflow here. Is it possible to export the retopo, UV map with UVlayout, then import it back in and still collect the details of the voxel sculpt? Is that what you did? Or did you do the detailing while texturing?

I really like UVlayout myself. I'm curious about how you incorporated it into your workflow here. Is it possible to export the retopo, UV map with UVlayout, then import it back in and still collect the details of the voxel sculpt? Is that what you did? Or did you do the detailing while texturing?

Yes :). Export/import in Retopo, then bake.

Sweet, I was hoping that was possible. Thanks for the insight Tinker. I'm learning a lot from this thread. :)