3DCoat Forums

My Nikon, Meshroom, 57 Corvette model and 3DCoat

kenmo

• Advanced Member

Here are some screen captures of the 3D object that was generated from a series of photos of a porcelain model of a 1957 Chevy Corvette.

As can be seen I have much to learn about Meshroom and photogrammetry when I compare my results to the stuff on Sketchfab.  3D modeling is not something new to me as I've been dabbling in creating 3D models from scratch for 15-20 years. But photogrammetry is something foreign to me. But I do find appealing as it combines my love of photography with my love of 3D modeling.  Plus I'm a car nut, owning an classic Corvette which I restored in 1983 & still own.

I used my Nikon D3300 to capture 97 photos. All but 7 were accepted by Meshroom. And generated this 3D object. Which I cleaned up via deleting  some of the stray  ground faces.  The subject a porcelain 1957 Chevrolet Corvette was slightly smaller then 1/24th scale (comparing to a 1/24 scale 1957 metal diecast of a 1957 Corvette I also own).

Vette01.jpg

Vette02.jpg

Vette03.jpg

Vette04.jpg

Edited by kenmo
  • Like 1