3DCoat Forums

Assigning a hotkey to renaming a layer

yoohasz

Hi!

This might be tricky, since there are multiplre types of layers in 3DCoat, but I'm curious. Can I assign a hotkey to the command "rename". This would be helpful in the sculptroom mainly, since I tend to use more layers there, than in the paint room. So essentially renaimng a sculpt layer is what I'd like to assign a hotkey to. Right clicking on a voxlayer, then hovering over the rename text in the right click menu, then pressing 'END' didn't work for me.

Thanks for any help.

As I think of it although a fast workflow slows down when renaming, a quick renaming hotkey can ease the pain, like the F2 hotkey in blender. It works all over the UI and is the fastest way to attempt some kind of written order in the outliner.

• 1 month later...

You're right double clicking does rename a layer. I'm just coming from a blazing fast workflow that helps immensly. To be specific: in blender if you press F2 then wherever your cursor is a renaming dialogue pops up and you can already type away, giving the current layer a sensible name. This makes the long list of layers readable, and is faster than straining your eyes by looking at the outliner or in this case voxlayer list. Especially if you have a lot of layers.