3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Are the Symmetry-UV's completely broke in 4.9.05 ?

Gary Dave

• Advanced Member

Hey, 

So I know 3dc has never coped well with more than one symmetry axis in the retopo room, but this morning I am just having a whole world of trouble.

I have made a simple test object:

01.thumb.png.459b87d7927464efe492244882b5a849.png

In the past, I have been able to move the unique (top-pointy) piece to a new layer, and perform symmetry on the other parts of the mesh. But now... now I cannot do anything. Mirroring even on one axis breaks the mesh. And it doesn't matter if my top pointy piece is in a new layer, or even a completely different UV set, it still gets obliterated when I perform symmetry.

I know for the example I've made I could just copy/paste the islands I want to overlay. But this is just the simple test I made, my actual model is a lot more complex and there are numerous areas I need to keep unique, and others I need symmetry. I have been able to do this just fine in the past, has something changed?

I'll include the 3d coat file if anyone wants to take a crack at it. Basically the end goal should be:

- Ability to use symmetry on UV's without absolutely destroying the mesh
- Ability to separate areas of mesh/UV's and have them not be effected by a symmetry operation in other layers.

SymmetricalUniqueUV's.3b

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Are the Symmetry-UV's completely broke in 4.9.05 ?
  • 2 weeks later...