3DCoat Forums

Retopo mesh problem

Erza86

hi 3d Coat,

i have a problem with new 3dcoat 4.9.03, now when i retopo an object with orthographic camera, the zoom in tool now limited to specific range and making retopo process become hard, and if switch to perspective, the retopo mesh vanished if i zoom in to specific range, i almost not able to finish the job. And the retopo mesh is visible from the back and i can saw it from the back of the mesh

my old 3dcoat which is 4.8.20 version is still okay and never have this problem, but i need the new tool from the latest version, is there a way to fix this, my friends said, the problem happen when the object is too small, but this is the default size from zbrush and blender, i can't change the size and i won't resize the mesh 3 to 6 times.

thank you

nanya.png

nanya2.png

Edited by Erza86

nothing happen, the mesh still visible in any direction, but z bias help to reduce the visibility of the mesh, and where is geometry menu? i can't find it

also does near plane modulator value can be above 2?

thanks

edit* it was auto scale button from tool menu after import model from zbrush, everything looks fine, i think when i press auto scale it will change the size of the model, but no, the size is remain same, i export the model after pressing auto scale  back to zbrush and the size is not changing, the retopo mesh looks fine, the camera clipping also looks fine still clipping but no problem.

so my question is, the scale  that tool option mention, what exactly the meaning?
is it change the scale of the model or something else?
like if 1 meter in blender and after i press auto scale, does it change into 10 meter? or not? if not what scale(in tool option) do for?

Edited by Erza86
enlightment