3DCoat Forums

My own humble request

L'Ancien Regime

• Advanced Member

I'd love to see a full Renderman integration so that we have a complete interface to it from within 3D Coat the way you'd have from Maya or Houdini or the way you plug into Keyshot directly from Zbrush. You can only do so many things well. I think time would be better spent on integrations like this for either Renderman or Radeon Pro Render than to try to develop 3D Coat's own proprietary render though of course that might be something Andrew is keenly interested in and he has plans for some fantastic render engine that will rival Keyshot in which case who am I to tell him what he should be doing?

q3lgAB7.jpg

function with 2D planes in the sculpt room. The planes should be capable of being distorted with a variety of fractals. It probably wouldn't work with voxels but would it be possible in surface mode?

n4IdQKR.jpg

KZwOCXb.jpg

Edited by L'Ancien Regime

• Reputable Contributor

I don't think they are going to spend anymore time on the Renderman integration. Kind of a shame. I really hoped it would be more fully implemented, too. Part of this is because there is a developer already working on a new Pathtracing render for 3DCoat. The next version of 3DCoat is going to have some massive feature additions.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
8 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

I don't think they are going to spend anymore time on the Renderman integration. Kind of a shame. I really hoped it would be more fully implemented, too. Part of this is because there is a developer already working on a new Pathtracing render for 3DCoat. The next version of 3DCoat is going to have some massive feature additions.

Well, pathtracing rendering is the way of the future. Maybe Andrew sees an opportunity to jump ahead of the pack here.

What else is in the next version? Massive feature addons sounds good.  Something to challenge Zmodeler?

Edited by L'Ancien Regime