3DCoat Forums

Issues with Clip mask layers

tritochke

Hello everyone

Recently I've been working on a very detail rich character and with that in mind I had to have more then 50 different layers in combination with external NM and AO maps baked outside 3DCoat. Now what I've noticed is that 3DCoat is not really respecting my ID maps which were created for several different mesh elements on this character above certain layer count. Is this something well know to this community ? I couldn't find relevant post anywhere on forums :(. Issue is pretty simple, If I want to use clip mask with my layer and I navigate to my desired clip ID for some strange reason 3dcoat doesn't select the one I chose but a random ID which renders clip mask workflow somewhat broken. I'm working with pbr in mind, my textures are all 4k and scene is really heavy so I'm not sure is this issue related to layer count or size of my document ?

thank you for your help, any idea could potentially help out

N.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:56 PM, tritochke said:

Hello everyone

Recently I've been working on a very detail rich character and with that in mind I had to have more then 50 different layers in combination with external NM and AO maps baked outside 3DCoat. Now what I've noticed is that 3DCoat is not really respecting my ID maps which were created for several different mesh elements on this character above certain layer count. Is this something well know to this community ? I couldn't find relevant post anywhere on forums :(. Issue is pretty simple, If I want to use clip mask with my layer and I navigate to my desired clip ID for some strange reason 3dcoat doesn't select the one I chose but a random ID which renders clip mask workflow somewhat broken. I'm working with pbr in mind, my textures are all 4k and scene is really heavy so I'm not sure is this issue related to layer count or size of my document ?

thank you for your help, any idea could potentially help out

N.

Yes, indeed I am using latest version

Hi Carlosan

I cannot replicate this issue here as well, sry about that, problem is that my scene was so big ( 7gb ) that 3dcoat just decided that my 32 gb ram is not enough anymore and therefore i couldn't replicate issue. I will definitely keep your suggestion in mind if and when this issue happens again.Many thx

N.

• Like 1