3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Depth issues with different layers in Paint room

pickers

Go to solution Solved by pickers,

• Advanced Member

Lets say i have two paint layers for a 100cmx100cm tile . Bottom layer is flood filled with mud, upper layer with selective painting of rocks. How to i get the depth of the rock to show up correctly without the mud depth adding to it? I have tried meddling with the depth opacity for both layers but cant get the desired effect.

Using 4.9.05 dx.

depthIssues.jpg

Edited by pickers

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Depth issues with different layers in Paint room
  • 2 years later...
On 10/1/2019 at 2:55 AM, pickers said:

I cant change the depth option when smart material is selected. Only Blend is selected.

I have managed to solve the issue by chancing upon the "layer blending" tab. Thanks for the help.

DepthLayers.jpg.da6fcd3d223eb1f50e6bce32ada38eb5.jpgDepthAdjustment.PNG.d10c11ce87d61d6b48184bfaf938c91b.PNG

Thank you so much!!! I went nuts trying to find this out. Layer Blending Panel to the rescue! Awesome!

And again, for each time I dispair for a short while cause it seems 3d coat does not have a certain feature ... then it is there, and on top, even ultranicely implemented and even more advanced than I would have previously expected. I find the Layer Height setting really powerful.

There should really be more learning material for stuff like this. The program deserves it. All that ninja power in the program, but all somewhat hidden, even for advanced users. Once you find all that stuff out, it is really powerful, but you need quite some stamina. And then you realize what an amazing program it really is, where everything is taken care of in the most artist friendly and fluent "hands on" way... once you get to know it.

For anyone who has grouped their layers and ask themselves why the settings might not work: You need to set those on your Group layer as well, otherwise it will have no effect in the child layers. that is because the group settings will override all child setting

@Carlosan Maybe you should sticky this thread or something. I have seen a lot of threads in the forum where people where struggling to find this out, without any solution.

• Thanks 1