3DCoat Forums

Constantly crashing and license warning

Good morning,

I have used this same install of 3d Coat on my machine just fine, but as of yesterday it crashes constantly (I haven't launched it in about a week). If I go to 'save' or 'save as' it crashes with an "instability warning" popup, and I've also gotten a more detailed error message (both are attached below). Sometimes it will just crash for no reason. So far I haven't been able to make it 15 minutes without a crash.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling to no avail. My next step will be to try the standalone version since I'm using the Steam version right now. Any help?

System specs:

-AMD R7 2700

-Gtx 1070 ti

-32 GB RAM

3dc Crash 1.JPG

3dc Crash 2.JPG

The only version that I can get to be stable is the OpenGL 64-bit version, but I get a maximum of 20 FPS in that version. I believe my problem earlier was that I was mistakenly launching the 32-bit version via Steam.

I would love to use the 64-bit DirectX version because it runs way better (~90 fps vs 20 fps), but it crashes immediately when I go to file>save (or save as). Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Also, thank you for your suggestions. I've ensured Windows is up-to-date and I've tried launching 3D Coat as an administrator, but neither has an affect.

On 5/7/2018 at 11:56 AM, SERGYI said:

In the actual build of "3DCoat" you find new option "VSync" inside menu "Edit > Preferences" (please see the attached screenshots).

Works under DirectX and OpenGL.

http://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21433-3d-coat-48-beta-testing-thread/

1. 3DCoat-VSync.jpg

2. 3DCoat-No-VSync.jpg

Try switching vSync ON.

Thank you for all the help Carlosan.

Unfortunately, I've tried both of your above suggestions but the DirectX version still crashes whenever I try to save. I've also tried running it as an administrator again, but I get the same crash. 

The OpenGL version is pretty uncomfortable to use with 20-30 FPS and ~200-300ms input lag :/ I hope there's a solution somewhere.