3DCoat Forums

How to modify an object with a texture on it

JanCZ

Hi guys, bare with me again, this looks like a rookie question, but... I have a textured model (from photogrammetry workflow) and I need to remove a part of it (a tree). Ideally I would expect that UVs and textures will be recalculated as I remove some part of the model. Is something like this possible in 3D Coat? Or what is a workflow for such a scenario? 

Btw. its not possible to modify the object at the first place and then run texturing. I need at first textures it and then modify it. 

Thanks a lot

Hi

You have a texture model On Paint workspace and need to remove some geometry ?

Switch to UV workspace, delete that geometry faces (tree) and switch back to Paint. 

After any change done in UV room, when you switch back to Paint Room textures are remapped over the new UVlayout.

Hope it help. 

Hi Carlosan,

thanks a lot, sounds simple, but... how exactly I can delete the faces in the UV workspace? I cant see any tool for that. 

And btw. UV workspace has around 3fps so is hardly useable, any tip how to increase it? In other workspaces i have around 200fps...

Thanks a lot again Carlosan. Looks like a baking should be the way to go for me, as I have original textured object and the altered one, to which I would like to transfer the texture. But documentation for baking is really bad and even youtube videos are not very clear to me. 

I feel like an idiot and I am a bit frustrated already, but I cant find a way how to do that. Other way around... Lets say I have a properly textured object in Paint room, I want to send it to Sculpt room, make some changes there (remove some parts) and then send it back to Paint room and continue painting... Is there an easy way for that?

So my noble ride with baking continues... As I wrote in te previous post, I have "holes" in the new model with baked in textures. As you can see on the first video. There are not there on the original model.

I though I will solve it by displaying the model with double side rendering... Well... No... When I use double side material (its threejs), some parts of the model are blinking, as you can see there (on stairs next to a tower for example):

When I use single side rendering, there is no blinking, but there are holes... With the double side, there is blinking, but no holes... Heeelp :)

Thanks