3DCoat Forums

Separation of curved surfaces with a thickness

Dmitry Bedrik

• Advanced Member

Hey. Please explain to me how to cut the model into pieces, if the model has a thickness (inside it is empty or filled with something, it doesn’t matter - the task is to cut the shell).

Imagine taking this tennis ball and the white line on it is the line where it should be cut. The ball can have any thickness, and this thickness can be arbitrary in different places near the cut (i.e., the cross section on the cut can be thicker or thinner).

Depending on the task (or design error), the thickness, as I said, can change, now we need one option, tomorrow we need another, and the model should be cut into two parts anyway ..

In case we need to cut something flat, there can be no problems. However, when there is such a curved surface, except for adjusting the camera for each segment of this section and tearing with the help of the "view from the camera" I do not see an exit at the moment. Maybe someone knows how this can be done “in one click”, for example, by constructing even such a complex slice once, and then by clicking the mouse or pressing a key, the model is divided into two (let's stop at two for now) parts ?

Картинки по запросу теннисный мяч