3DCoat Forums

Alien Homage by Andy Walsh

https://www.blendernation.com/2019/10/05/alien-homage/

This is something I modelled in 3DCoat but lit, rendered (and later animated) in Blender. There’s fairly minimal Post work, just some adjustments and extra smoke (but there’s still a fair bit of smoke coming form Blender itself via a smoke simulation). The scene was around 9 million faces and really pushed Blender/Eevee to its limits. I had to disable the undo shortcut because an undo took up to a minute!

Here’s a quick animation of the scene in which I did a bit of post in After Effects but then exported the frames with sound from Blender. I tried to get it to render as lossless via H.264 but it still lost a bit of quality, especially for the actual animation. So I need to look into that…

I used 3D Coat to create one half of the corridor with the intention of flipping it and then duplicating that to make a total of 4 iterations, making the corridor (ideally I would have considered futher duplications but kind of hit a wall with the poly count)

Render from 3D Coat:

i9Caa3n-1024x773.jpg