3DCoat Forums

[Solved] mesh density with a brush

3D_COAT_user

16 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Subdivide:

Subdivide surface with Loop subdivision method. Select area to subdivide and use Tool Options.
Subdivide Frozen Area.
Subdivide Non-Frozen Area.
Subdivide Entire Mesh.

Thanks, but I mean smoothing. Here's how to do it in Z-brush and here's how in 3D-Coat https://dl.dropbox.com/s/b6byjo77tuy7g1q/Smooth_2.mp4?dl=0 When I want to add a subdivision for the mesh, I don’t need the smoothness of the toology, for this there is a special Smooth brush. How to use a brush to subdivide a mesh without smoothing the mesh?

• Advanced Member
4 hours ago, 3D_COAT_user said:

Thanks, but I mean smoothing. Here's how to do it in Z-brush and here's how in 3D-Coat https://dl.dropbox.com/s/b6byjo77tuy7g1q/Smooth_2.mp4?dl=0 When I want to add a subdivision for the mesh, I don’t need the smoothness of the toology, for this there is a special Smooth brush. How to use a brush to subdivide a mesh without smoothing the mesh?

Have you tryed to resample to higher density or convert to voxel?

• Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, 3D_COAT_user said:

In your example, the mesh resolution is too dense. The low poly model is smoothed in these places https://dl.dropbox.com/s/dczqf3ph3zqbb76/shot_191018_165957.png

When you import into the Sculpt room, in the Import Tool Options panel, there is an option for FLAT SUBDIVISION. Outside of that, there isn't a special, non-smoothing, dynamic subdivision brush.

1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

Когда вы импортируете в комнату Sculpt, на панели параметров инструмента импорта есть опция для FLAT SUBDIVISION. Помимо этого, нет специальной, не сглаживающей, динамической кисти деления.

Yes, it just makes the model heavier

• Advanced Member

Have you tried using the live clay tool?  Seems to work pretty well for me without altering the shape if you turn depth to 0.

I think you are probably going to have problems with the end of that tube no matter what you use though.  If you approach the end with the brush from further up the tube it might work.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] mesh density with a brush