3DCoat Forums

DepthLimit

Quentin_Mabille

Hi sorry if i am not in the right channel to post this, but i really have a trouble with the depthlimit (Cut Tool). it seems very random sometimes. For example in the same scene, the depth limit will not affect with the same depth all the volume. And the number i choose for the depth limit doesn't seems to change a lot thing. You can check the 0.1 depthlimit to see... Can someone has an idea of how to fix this ?

Thanks !

(btw i've turned the camera to show the depth of the cut but the cut was performed in top view ortho with the rectangular tool)

:)

depthlimit_19.jpg

depthlimit_100.jpg

depthmimit_1.jpg

Hi! Welcome to the forum. :)

In the other post you mention, I can see how the result could be different. If I remember correctly, it varies by scene scale as well as the depth. In your example though, you're using the same object and getting two different results, is this correct? Could you record a short video showing it happen? Also which build of 3DC are you using, and which OS are you on?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm struggeling with that as well :/ 

What does it mean that the Depth is calculated from the last pick point - where is that point, what is it, is that last point that i clicked the geometry with RMB or MMB or something else, how can I edit that pick point, is there some kind of tool, or maybe some shortcut to define that point ?