3DCoat Forums

Vox Hide | Delete Hidden | Resample+

RedRooster

Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help me out.

I am currently trialing 3dCoat as I have heard great things about the software. However after spending a few weeks in the programme I cannot get over how frustrating it is to actually use.

My current issue is using Vox Hide. If I try to resample+ my mesh after vox hiding something the original unhidden mesh will appear in its entirety.

OK, I thought - I will 'Geometry > Delete Hiden' and then resample. Not Ideal, but at lest I can increase my geo.

This still does not work - the original un hidden mesh will reappear.

I have googled possible solutions and I do not see any answers. 

I am struggling how people create the things I have seen in the software - I am constantly having to stop in my tracks to figure out if the issues I am facing are bugs, or I need to know more. (have already spent many hours watching YT vids and playing in the software) I come from a C4D background so really do understand there is a learning curve, but there is a limit to that if you are not progressing.

Many Thanks

• Reputable Contributor
3 hours ago, RedRooster said:

Hi all,

I was hoping someone can help me out.

I am currently trialing 3dCoat as I have heard great things about the software. However after spending a few weeks in the programme I cannot get over how frustrating it is to actually use.

My current issue is using Vox Hide. If I try to resample+ my mesh after vox hiding something the original unhidden mesh will appear in its entirety.

OK, I thought - I will 'Geometry > Delete Hiden' and then resample. Not Ideal, but at lest I can increase my geo.

This still does not work - the original un hidden mesh will reappear.

I have googled possible solutions and I do not see any answers. 

I am struggling how people create the things I have seen in the software - I am constantly having to stop in my tracks to figure out if the issues I am facing are bugs, or I need to know more. (have already spent many hours watching YT vids and playing in the software) I come from a C4D background so really do understand there is a learning curve, but there is a limit to that if you are not progressing.

Many Thanks

It's not a good idea to mess with the resolution of the voxel object while parts are hidden. Use the SPLIT tool if that is what you want to do.