3DCoat Forums

[bug] Curves tool with custom curve crashes

JanCZ

Hi guys, Im not sure how to report bugs, as i cant login to Mantis tool, so I will post it here...

I created a custom shape in Blender to be used in Curves tool. The shape's obj is attached... When I tried to import in into the Curves tool, it threw an exception - with the dialog to save work. But sometimes it worked. The shape was imported to the tool, I could have used it, but when I clicked on Apply to add it to the scene it displayed an error about the self-intersections. But its really simple shape and it didnt work even if there were no intersection with other shapes. Sometimes when I clicked on Apply, it didnt show any error, just make the application nonresponsive and after several minutes I need to manually shut it down. 

Thanks for any help. Would really need to use this tool with custom shapes.

plot4.obj

Thanks Carlos one more time. At the end it wasnt about intersections in the shape. Even when I used the basic cube shape, the problem was still there. The solution was to set the Y-spacing (when you import the shape into the 3DCoat tool) to 1.1 instead of just 1. Looks like it cant handle when single pieces of the curve are  "touching" itself. But it looks like a basic workflow to me, I would expect its gonna be possible or at least there will be some info about this behavior

Edited by JanCZ