3DCoat Forums

GDC 2009 Project Offset videos

SonK

• Advanced Member
I know akira and Andrew might like this, Project Offset finally update their website with new video of their editor in action and its beautiful!

http://www.projectoffset.com/index.php?opt...53&Itemid=5

Hehe yeah finally a big step forward!! It has been 3 years since the dragon demo of GDC06.

Hope their games will not for Larrabee only. LOL

What I don't understand is, after showing off their awesome editor, why they still launched maya to show collaborative "scene" editing at the bottom of that page?

Throughout the video I just saw that anyone could screw your model up easily with this technology.

akira.

• Advanced Member

I sound like it will be Larrabee only title, its been mention on the forum by one of the PO team member that its Intel exclusive.

As for the Collaborative scene modeling it only works if your not working on the same model as someone else lol. I think its cool, say you work on a character model and i'll work on a level design and i click refresh one hour later to only see your sweet character model done :D

BTW does your small game company have a website?

• Advanced Member
I sound like it will be Larrabee only title, its been mention on the forum by one of the PO team member that its Intel exclusive.

As for the Collaborative scene modeling it only works if your not working on the same model as someone else lol. I think its cool, say you work on a character model and i'll work on a level design and i click refresh one hour later to only see your sweet character model done :D

That sounds like a collada version of XRef Scene/Object in max. Since collada is XML it's not too hard to do this part.

BTW does your small game company have a website?

Not yet :)

Quoted from a GDC09 talk:

"Though trailers can be helpful, Fish said that developers need to be careful about how they manage hype for their game. Specifically, he said that they shouldn't show things too early. As an example, he pointed to Spore's unveiling at GDC three years before it made it to stores, all the while building expectations in the gaming public that would prove impossible to meet. "

source: http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6206649/gdc-...wslist;title;26