3DCoat Forums

I'm a big Arma 3 fan. BIS produces it along with Virtual Battle Space 3

• Advanced Member

VBS3 is basically the military version of Arma 3. Both have the same technology behind them, though VBS 3 can handle 1500 users in a simulation at a time, allowing vast military operations to be modelled on a specific landscape without burning millions of dollars in fuel etc.  There are other differences; Arma 3 is better graphically. If you're going to have a max of 150 users in a WAN or LAN game instead of 1500 you can do that.  

Thus I tend to watch VBS3 news as harbingers of what is to come for Arma3. VBS4 is coming out. And that means that after 6 years there will probably be an Arma 4 with an all new engine. Too bad you have to be a government of a country with a military to buy VBS.

This just got published 6 hours ago. Go to the 4 minute mark and watch. I just blew my mind. VBS Geo server has taken VBS4 global. And, like MS Flight Sim 2020 it does amazing things with generating landscapes on the fly.

https://bisimulations.com/products/vbs3

Oh and if you're an Arma 3 fan like me you'll definitely want the latest upgrade to HAL (Hetman Artificial Leader). I downloaded and installed it last night. It was already being abandoned by its creator, Rydygier two years ago when I left off playing computer games; he simply didn't have the time. It's a  powerful script that has been greatly improving large scale battlefield scenarios since previous versions of Arma. 

It's been taken up by NinjaRider600 and he's published it as NR6. It needs a PDF but the addition of all sorts of new nodes for creating AI led battles is really excellent.

This  is a a modified/updated version of HET MAN - HAL by Rydygier which includes various changes/upgrades concerning battlefield immersion, new features and compatibility with dedicated server. The functionality of the script itself is expanded and upgraded but works almost the same way as the original HAL does. For a detailed description of the original system by Rydygier, you can find his here. The original scope I had for this project was to add some immersion with better player to AI commander interactions but it turned out to be something vastly more complex. The intended NR6 HAL experience contained in the NR6 Pack, my main project which can be found above the introduction. There you will find tons of new utilities and scripts that expand the battlefield with the intention of making HAL an almost autonomous battlefield generator which would require as little mission making as possible.

"To acti vate HAL for one side, one of the units of that side must be named LeaderHQ. Essential also is the placement on the map of any object (for example, an empty trigger) named RydHQ_Obj1. The location is entirely your choice. Its position will designate a target point which the Artificial Commander will try to conquer at first (for example, a spot near the leader of the opposing side).

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216044-hetman-artificial-leader-nr6-edition/?tab=comments#comment-3283148

It's best to download it off Steam Workshop though. An effortless installation.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime