3DCoat Forums

Just installed the 4.9 (already had the problem with my previous version but i could still work) Constant crash on empty scene/start/import tried many different steps, weird thing is it works some times for some reasons, might be firewall related, but i added 3dcoat in the windows app thing, didn't help. I hope you can help , because my work is stuck atm. 

Log.txt

Capture.JPG

Log.txt

So we had a look with the IT guy from my office.

1. Its not the beta version, we even reinstalled ( on of the error was complaining about a non existing directory ==> c/3dcoat so the new instal is under c/ and not c/programfiles) This didn't fixed anything. 

2. I don't have an antivirus on my pc aside of Windows and 3dcoat is in the windows list.

3. Nvidia driver are up to date (game driver then we tried the normal one) still the same issue.

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, maxime ponslet said:

Installed 4.9.05 and IT made sure the folder as full access, seems to work. Will keep using for a while to be sure and will post update. Thank's a lot for your time and help. 

It's not crashing on my end, so it's something to do with your PC or Network, that is the source of the problem. Hopefully, Andrew will get back to you and see if the crash report gives some clues. If Windows uses it's own Anti-Virus (I think Windows 10 does have an Anti-Virus component), then that could be withholding access to certain necessary files. Storing your Documents directory on a separate drive from the Install (.exe) folder, could also be causing problems, because it doesn't know where to look for those files.

I believe Andrew added an option, recently, that would make it easier to move the MyDocs/3DCoat 4.9 folder to another drive. It's in the EDIT Menu > RELOCATE 3DCOAT'S DATA