3DCoat Forums

Intel Unleashing Core i9-10900K CPU 10-Core CPU, Unlocked Up To 125W TDP, Clock Speeds Will Higher Than Ever Before!

Carlosan

Source...

Intel-9th-Gen-Core-12-Custom-740x494.jpg

Intel has always kept its TDP envelopes under 95W for most parts but it seems that when faced with the threat of AMD Ryzen processors, it has decided to take off the gloves and unleash its flagship enthusiast part to 125W (Momomo via Videocardz). With the 95W part already capable of hitting 5.1GHz turbo, we can only guess what the 125W part will look like. Chances are you are looking at even higher all-core turbos and significantly higher sustained boost clocks. This is one part where Intel is going to showcase its dominance in clockspeeds to the max.

Intel's flagship Core i9-10900K CPU will be unlocked to 125W TDP and show off the company's clock speed dominance

It is well known that Intel's 14nm process is one of the most mature nodes in existence. With super high yields and a die quality which can sustain insanely high clock speeds, Intel has very little choice but to utilize the only remaining ace it has in its playbook: unleash the full potential of the 14nm process. The Intel Core i9 10900K will be manufactured on this 14nm node and unlike other mainstream processors that usually top out at 95W - will be unlocked up to 125W. This will allow the processor to sustain much higher clock speeds across all cores and boost higher than ever before. I would not be surprised to see 5.1GHz+ boost clocks common on all SKUs and an all-core boost that puts most processors to shame.

• Advanced Member

But will they be priced competively with AMD? Will they be more like a Lincoln vs Cadillac  go the snob root and be BMW vs Cadillac?