3DCoat Forums

Angulator in Vortex Mode?

• Advanced Member

An analog of an angulator for an object in vortex mode? All kinds of tools such as narrow or pinch work incorrectly - they deform the original surfaces, instead of "continuing" them parallel to the original plane.

---------------------------------------------

Аналог ангулятора для режима вортексов? Все, что я бы не пробовал, приводит к результату, как на правой половине картинки. А нужно как на левой. 

pinch.png

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

If they are parallel surfaces, I would use plane tool to create straight edges. The final quality depends on the density of the voxels.

This is bad advice. On curved surfaces, this is completely ineffective, even on something like a cylinder. Do you use the program at all, if you offer this?

if you know the different modes of the program, you will understand that due to the nature of the system, voxels are not used to sculpt detailed geometry but rough sketches.

I never use voxels to sculpt details like the ones you need. I work in voxels to have an approximate model. I make each part separately in different layers.
When I have the approval I go to the Retopo room and I create the base geometry on which I will then perform the backing.
I take that geometry back to sculpt room to add details (sculpt or live clay mode) that I will then bake to paint the model in paint room.
I hope I have been helpful.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Carlosan said:

if you know the different modes of the program, you will understand that due to the nature of the system, voxels are not used to sculpt detailed geometry but rough sketches.

I never use voxels to sculpt details like the ones you need. I work in voxels to have an approximate model. I make each part separately in different layers.
When I have the approval I go to the Retopo room and I create the base geometry on which I will then perform the backing.
I take that geometry back to sculpt room to add details (sculpt or live clay mode) that I will then bake to paint the model in paint room.
I hope I have been helpful.

This.