3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Menus not working properly

pencilking2002

Hi. I am a new user and I'm having some menu issues while following tutorials. The first issue seems to be that I am unable to drag menus out so that they stay visible. There doesn't seem to be a "Grip" texture on the top of the menu. Here's the Freeze menu for example. There's no way for me to drag it out:

NoDrag.PNG.228f275054dae4eef0474395b3a21dcd.PNG

I have a similar problem with Smart materials. When I open the Smart Material editor so I can create a new one, there's no way for me move it around. When I Mouse over it, the mouse does not turn into a move cursor. Additionally, I am unable to order the smart material layers. There's no icon that appears next to the name of the Smart Material layer, which would allow me to move the dialogue around.

noDrag2.thumb.PNG.336a2a912fb9c55cecd0635351023733.PNG

Am I missing something here? Maybe there's a setting I need to tick? Thanks.

Specs:

Version 4.9.17

Windows 10

Ok. I figured out some of the issues are broken in version 4.9.17 (The stable version!). I found this thread and realized moving the Smart Material editor and moving Smart Material layers up and down is broken! I was able to download the beta version from that same thread and those features do work there. 

Edited by pencilking2002
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Menus not working properly
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 1:38 AM, pencilking2002 said:

Ok. I figured out some of the issues are broken in version 4.9.17 (The stable version!). I found this thread and realized moving the Smart Material editor and moving Smart Material layers up and down is broken! I was able to download the beta version from that same thread and those features do work there. 

So what did you do to fix that problem? Download that beta 4.9.19 version or another version?

18 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Yes, latest version solved this issue

Thanks. And yes, I installed 4.9.19 today and the feature really works well now

• Like 1