3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Autoretopology creates nothing

Polchen

Hello dear friends. :)
I´am Paul and I´m from Europe.
I have a little (big) problem with 3D-coat, at the moment. There is already a thread from 2017 with a similar problem; but non of the solutions work for me.

I used 3d coat at school, and there we always used the auto-retopology function. Now, I bought the program, because I really missed it. But as soon I try to activate the auto-retopology, this happens:

I click on auto-retopology.
I import my model, choose the right setting (I already experimented with it.)
The Program opens my model in a yellowish-beige color.
If I use the density modulator, or not, changes nothing.
Then comes the moment where I can draw the guidelines. (If I do it or not is also unimportant)
Then I click on "Next".
And then, nothing. The model stays how it is and I am stuck on the retopology screen, where I could theoretically begin to do the retopology by hand. No automatic retopology performed.
I changed the size of the model. Tried objs created by another program. Always the same.

I really don`t know what to do, and I really hope that someone can help me. I apologize in advance, if it`s a really stupid problem, that could be solved by one click. I´m trying for 2 days now to do it, and I have a deadline X(

I thank you very much in advance and wish you a nice weekend :)

Paul

Hello Carlosan,

This works indeed. Thank you very much for your help and your time. :)
Anyway, I am worried because the auto retopology tool is not working how it should. If you have any Idea why this could be tha case, I (and surely other people who may have the same problem in the future), would really appreciate it.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Autoretopology creates nothing