3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Method for importing a object file with textures applied

I recently can across a issue where I heavy need to import a obj file with textures already applied.

For context I have a model that had multiple texture sheets and UV'd pieces that have existing textures I need to edit. Problem is that when importing any type of geometry file the program does not apply textures automatically. Ordinarily this wouldn't be a issue as having only one or two texture sheets wouldn't take much time to import the textures manually. Thing is that this project has upwards of 12 separate UV'd pieces, each with around 4 textures. Meaning that I would need to manually apply 48 textures for this one model.

If there are any tricks or ways around this problem please reply back, as I will even try external plugins a try for fixing this issue. This is urgent as the window on this project is closing quickly.

Thank you for reading and hope to hear back soon.

No change here when trying. I also tried a Maya to 3D Coat applink that should directly upload the file data to 3D Coat and even that doesn't work.

Thank you for the suggestion though and hope to fine the solution soon, if there is one.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Method for importing a object file with textures applied